Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 4, 2013
10:05:41 AM
View profile
My U-verse line has a blue,red and green input connection. Are the different colors for specific purpose?

My U-verse has three color input lines.  Do the blue, red and green line have specific purposes?

My U-verse has three color input lines.  Do the blue, red and green line have specific purposes?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 5, 2013 4:25:47 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello rookact, the link beebeesa provided gives you an excellent set of instructions on how the blue,red, and green inputs are connected. Regarding the purpose of each color you  are correct, the specific purpose for each color coded input are the following:

-The Green cable and input also referred to as (Y) on most devices will transmit the information for the brightness of the signal.

-The Blue cable and input also referred to as (Pb) will transmit the blue components of the signal

-The Red cable and input also referred to as (Pr) will transmit the red components of the signal

*The Green color in the picture will result from the combination of the three inputs

The signal is separated this way to be able to achieve a higher resolution of the image on your screen. Using a single Yellow Composite cable and input for Video will compress the signal so much that it will result in a lower quality image.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

My U-verse line has a blue,red and green input connection. Are the different colors for specific purpose?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2013 10:36:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Here is a document that should answer your question: http://www.att.com/media/en_US/swf/uverse_center/uverse/downloads/att_connecting_service.pdf

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My U-verse line has a blue,red and green input connection. Are the different colors for specific purpose?

2 of 4 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2013 10:44:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

On BeeBee's link above, scroll down to HDTV - RCA Component & RCA Composite Cables to find info on red/green/blue component cables. Smiley Wink

Chris

On BeeBee's link above, scroll down to HDTV - RCA Component & RCA Composite Cables to find info on red/green/blue component cables. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My U-verse line has a blue,red and green input connection. Are the different colors for specific purpose?

3 of 4 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 5, 2013 4:25:47 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello rookact, the link beebeesa provided gives you an excellent set of instructions on how the blue,red, and green inputs are connected. Regarding the purpose of each color you  are correct, the specific purpose for each color coded input are the following:

-The Green cable and input also referred to as (Y) on most devices will transmit the information for the brightness of the signal.

-The Blue cable and input also referred to as (Pb) will transmit the blue components of the signal

-The Red cable and input also referred to as (Pr) will transmit the red components of the signal

*The Green color in the picture will result from the combination of the three inputs

The signal is separated this way to be able to achieve a higher resolution of the image on your screen. Using a single Yellow Composite cable and input for Video will compress the signal so much that it will result in a lower quality image.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (377 Views)
Solution