schulz46's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 7:13 AM

Media Server software stopped working after modem upgraded

I have been using a program called Serviio for my media server. Since I moved my service the tech replaced my 2wire 3801hgv modem with a the new Pace 5268AC. Now using the same settings as before my server is no longer available on a wired or wireless connection. I used it with both my Samsung TV and my tablet's with no problems until the new one was installed.

Serviio is an UPnP/DLNA server

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@schulz46   If it has anything to do w/UPnP, it's totally unsecure and will not work on the new RG (should not worked on 3801, if above true). Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Surprisingly it did work with the 3801 for over two years.  Do you know of another media server software package where I can stream pictures,music and video to wireless devices and doesn't cost an arm an a leg Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

In looking at most media server applications they all use UPnP/DLNA.  I know that I always disable universal plug an play services on my computers but was unaware that it seems to be needed for media servers even Microsoft's Media Player.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@schulz46  I've heard a 3rd party router behind the RG in DMZ zone/IP Passthrough can do UPnP though when trying to use 2 Xboxs at same time (only 1 on the RG). Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I see in Windows 7 that my file sharing connrctions can use 128-bit or 64 or 56-bit encryption. Mine is set to 64 and always worked but looking at the new RG it has for wireless WPA2-PSK (AES).  In reading down it says in order to use 64-bit I have to use WEP and change my password.

So if I use the default setting ( WPA2-PSK (AES ) am I using 32-bit encryption!

Like I just found out my sever is also not working. When I check my laptop it doesn't list my desktop computer anymore.

I also should mention that I made a dumb mistake and changed my wireless password.

Now I have my password that's same as the device ID.  When I changed the password  my laptop couldn't even connect to the network until I changed everything back again. I would of used the password on the label except my kindle keyboard didn't have the key needed to enter it.  Really weird  combination 6c6+b%s6ji8n

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Update:  Just found out WEP is very bad not very secure..   Still working on my network and just discovered that now I can access my laptop from my desktop but still laptop is not seeing the desktop computer. Rebooting the laptop to see if it finds it this time,........................  Still not seeing the desktop.

I have been working with building computers for over 20 years and they still drive me crazy.  Smiley IndifferentSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.