For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
elrodfamily94's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2015 1:36 AM

Losing signal connection multiple times per day

i am getting a dropped signal multiple times a day where the system flashed up a list signal messages and the whole uverse system reboots - can anyone help with how to get this addressed?

Of course none of the online of the online tools work because once the system reboots everything's works until next occurrence !

Very very very upsetting when watching the last seconds of a tied ball game!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@elrodfamily94   If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

9 years ago

What gateway do you have installed.

How long have you had this problem?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have been suffering this more and more lately, having to go to the garage the reset the master controller is becoming a pain

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same issue with the random resets.  Sometimes it resets several times per day and it really is irritating when trying to see the end of a game or show.  I have 2wire 752 residential gateway

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The system says it is:

Pace Plc
But I disabled the IPv6 - will see if that helps.

Thanks !!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Our gateway says it's Pace but I disabled the IPv6 anyway to see if that helps.

Been living with this for a while now but missed the last few seconds of two games that were decided while in reboot - way too frustrating !!

Thanks for all the responses and to Chris for the IPv6 idea!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

What is IPv6 and how do you disable it?   I'm getting multiple disconnects and have been for awhile.  I had a UVERSE tech spend 4.5 hours with me on Sunday and he could see the Resets happening but didn't know why.  He installed a new modem and it is still happening.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

9 years ago

While connected to the RG via wifi or directly.

Enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser.

A menu will come up.

Goto Home Network and then configure.

You will see the IPv6 option there.

Set it to off and save.

If you are asked for a password at the configure stage the password is on the side of your RG, not the wifi one, the other one, device access code.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

@arkhogfan wrote:

What is IPv6 ...? ...

IPv6 is an alternate Internet Protocol transmission scheme intended to replace IPv4.  It can somewhat coexist with IPv4, but sometimes this coexistance causes issues.  A lot of vendors are starting to turn it on by default (e.g. Microsoft Windows, etc.).  AT&T provides a tunnel for IPv6 traffic over its IPv4 network that can cause packet loss.  For now, I advise everyone to just avoid it until it becomes more stable and servers start dropping support for IPv4 and just turn it off wherever you find it turned on.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I reset IPV6 to off and am still getting dropped connectivity.   A new Gateway was installed a week ago and according to the system log there have been 55 drops as of this morning.  Evidently the local AT&T folks have no clue how to diagnose the problem.   On 9/13 a tech spent 4.5 hours at the house and installed the new Gateway, checked the wiring in the house and at the Switch point.  He could see the drops and even had it do it while he was there, but had no clue why it was happening.   A Line Tech was supposed to have been out last week to check things.   I'm getting tired of it and think AT&T owes me a Credit since their system keeps dropping connectivity.

Who do you call to complain to? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.