redjada's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 10:14 PM

Logging into the RG

Im having problems logging into my RG. I don't have a password, just a 10 digit key. Here is the message I get.

If you still cannot remember the current system password, you may change it by first entering the unique 10-digit system password printed on the bottom of your unit. After entering the correct key, you must immediately change your existing system password by typing and confirming a new password in the spaces below.

I just set up a tablet (wireless) a few days ago and the Key on the RG worked for that. Trying to connect a security camera wireless, I need to change the setting in the RG to allow it. What am I missing.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

sorry the above post should read "you can find port forwarding in the firewall section"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Joe. Ill have to look into this when I get home.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Bee, good post but I am missing something.

I think I have most of it. For LAN Im using port 85. You lost me with the data port? Here is the confing for the camera.

IP Address = 192.168.1.60

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.1.254

DNS Server = 192.168.1.254

HTTP Port = 85

Obtain IP from DHCP server is not checked.

Since I have tried this a couple times. This what I see when getting into the firewall settengs (pin hole)

comphostappYou have chosen unknown0023A2EC71D3
comphostappChoose unknown002374E1B735
comphostappChoose user-PC
comphostappChoose pat--pat
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1
comphostappChoose unknown001310E2EABB
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1_1

I guess what I need to do first im delete a couple of these and just work with one. How do I do that? I defently think I did do something wrong. Next, I dont recall seeing anyhting about a data port. What is that and how do I set it? And what to if Im on 85.

I guess the green check mark needs to be removed from this subject since Im still working on it.

Thanks for your help.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Joe. I have been using that site. But when it comes to select computer, I have been selecting "my computer" I figured out to inter the IP of the camera. Everything is working now. Thanks for everyone's help.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@redjada wrote:

Thanks Joe. I have been using that site. But when it comes to select computer, I have been selecting "my computer" I figured out to inter the IP of the camera. Everything is working now. Thanks for everyone's help.

Great. Glad to be of assistance. Thanks for the update. Be sure to stop back if you have any other questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.