Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 4, 2012
3:14:36 PM
View profile
Logging into the RG

Im having problems logging into my RG. I don't have a password, just a 10 digit key. Here is the message I get.

If you still cannot remember the current system password, you may change it by first entering the unique 10-digit system password printed on the bottom of your unit. After entering the correct key, you must immediately change your existing system password by typing and confirming a new password in the spaces below.

I just set up a tablet (wireless) a few days ago and the Key on the RG worked for that. Trying to connect a security camera wireless, I need to change the setting in the RG to allow it. What am I missing.

Im having problems logging into my RG. I don't have a password, just a 10 digit key. Here is the message I get.

If you still cannot remember the current system password, you may change it by first entering the unique 10-digit system password printed on the bottom of your unit. After entering the correct key, you must immediately change your existing system password by typing and confirming a new password in the spaces below.

I just set up a tablet (wireless) a few days ago and the Key on the RG worked for that. Trying to connect a security camera wireless, I need to change the setting in the RG to allow it. What am I missing.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2012 5:28:11 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Aug 7, 2012 at 5:41:24 AM

I think these might clear things up for you: http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/guide-to-port-forwarding-2wire-router/

Foscam port forwarding 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Accepted Solution

Logging into the RG

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2012 3:22:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:23:09 PM

There are:  1) the System Password and 2) the Wireless Network Key.  They are not the same thing.

Which RG do you have?

There are:  1) the System Password and 2) the Wireless Network Key.  They are not the same thing.

Which RG do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Logging into the RG

[ Edited ]
2 of 17 (3,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2012 3:25:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
redjada- My TG has three numbers - Wireless Key (what you used to set up the tablet) the IP address of the RG, Device access code - What you need to change settings in the RG - the password.
redjada- My TG has three numbers - Wireless Key (what you used to set up the tablet) the IP address of the RG, Device access code - What you need to change settings in the RG - the password.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 17 (3,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2012 6:15:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

OK, I did find the access #. Ill give it a shot and let you know how it works.

On another note, I am a bit confused on the wireless camera set up. The camera asks for the "shared password" for the router. Im guessing that is the net work key?

Thanks

OK, I did find the access #. Ill give it a shot and let you know how it works.

On another note, I am a bit confused on the wireless camera set up. The camera asks for the "shared password" for the router. Im guessing that is the net work key?

Thanks

4 of 17 (3,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2012 6:28:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What kind of camera is it?  Post the name and model number and we can research it on line and help with pointers.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

What kind of camera is it?  Post the name and model number and we can research it on line and help with pointers.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

5 of 17 (3,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2012 7:10:58 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Bee. Its a Foscam FI8908W. I appreciate any help.

Thanks Bee. Its a Foscam FI8908W. I appreciate any help.

6 of 17 (3,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 5, 2012 10:03:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Okay it looks like you first have to plug the camera in using a hardwire connection BEFORE you can set up the wireless portion.  This will allow the RG to assign an IP address, default gateway, etc.  Then follow the instructions here to set up the wireless part.  Although the instructions reference a Belkin router, you can find the same information in the RG and input it in the camera.

Okay it looks like you first have to plug the camera in using a hardwire connection BEFORE you can set up the wireless portion.  This will allow the RG to assign an IP address, default gateway, etc.  Then follow the instructions here to set up the wireless part.  Although the instructions reference a Belkin router, you can find the same information in the RG and input it in the camera.

7 of 17 (3,027 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 2:39:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Bee, I got everything working.

Thanks Bee, I got everything working.

8 of 17 (2,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 5:02:36 AM
(0)
Teacher

Opps... I spkoe too soon. Everything works fine on my homw network. But I cant access it for out side of there. I think I completly missed something???

Opps... I spkoe too soon. Everything works fine on my homw network. But I cant access it for out side of there. I think I completly missed something???

9 of 17 (2,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 5:21:58 AM
(0)
Master

redjada wrote:

If you're talking about accessing your camera when you're away from home, you will need to set up port forwarding for your camera.  You can find port forwarding in the wireless section of your gateway's configuration interface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

redjada wrote:

If you're talking about accessing your camera when you're away from home, you will need to set up port forwarding for your camera.  You can find port forwarding in the wireless section of your gateway's configuration interface.

neon_sign.jpg

10 of 17 (2,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 6:26:49 AM
(0)
Master

sorry the above post should read "you can find port forwarding in the firewall section"

sorry the above post should read "you can find port forwarding in the firewall section"

neon_sign.jpg

11 of 17 (2,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 7:53:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Joe. Ill have to look into this when I get home.

Thanks Joe. Ill have to look into this when I get home.

12 of 17 (2,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 3:19:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Check this thread where Somejoe7777 helped me set one up.  http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Help-with-programming-a-pin-hole-in-the-RG/m-p/2659571#...

13 of 17 (2,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2012 4:06:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Bee, good post but I am missing something.

I think I have most of it. For LAN Im using port 85. You lost me with the data port? Here is the confing for the camera.

IP Address = 192.168.1.60

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.1.254

DNS Server = 192.168.1.254

HTTP Port = 85

Obtain IP from DHCP server is not checked.

Since I have tried this a couple times. This what I see when getting into the firewall settengs (pin hole)

comphostappYou have chosen unknown0023A2EC71D3
comphostappChoose unknown002374E1B735
comphostappChoose user-PC
comphostappChoose pat--pat
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1
comphostappChoose unknown001310E2EABB
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1_1

I guess what I need to do first im delete a couple of these and just work with one. How do I do that? I defently think I did do something wrong. Next, I dont recall seeing anyhting about a data port. What is that and how do I set it? And what to if Im on 85.

I guess the green check mark needs to be removed from this subject since Im still working on it.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Bee, good post but I am missing something.

I think I have most of it. For LAN Im using port 85. You lost me with the data port? Here is the confing for the camera.

IP Address = 192.168.1.60

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.1.254

DNS Server = 192.168.1.254

HTTP Port = 85

Obtain IP from DHCP server is not checked.

Since I have tried this a couple times. This what I see when getting into the firewall settengs (pin hole)

comphostappYou have chosen unknown0023A2EC71D3
comphostappChoose unknown002374E1B735
comphostappChoose user-PC
comphostappChoose pat--pat
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1
comphostappChoose unknown001310E2EABB
comphostappChoose ipcam_000DC5D567D1_1

I guess what I need to do first im delete a couple of these and just work with one. How do I do that? I defently think I did do something wrong. Next, I dont recall seeing anyhting about a data port. What is that and how do I set it? And what to if Im on 85.

I guess the green check mark needs to be removed from this subject since Im still working on it.

Thanks for your help.

14 of 17 (2,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2012 5:28:11 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Aug 7, 2012 at 5:41:24 AM

I think these might clear things up for you: http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/guide-to-port-forwarding-2wire-router/

Foscam port forwarding 

Foscam port forwarding 

neon_sign.jpg

[ Edited ]
15 of 17 (2,738 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2012 6:08:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Joe. I have been using that site. But when it comes to select computer, I have been selecting "my computer" I figured out to inter the IP of the camera. Everything is working now. Thanks for everyone's help.

Thanks Joe. I have been using that site. But when it comes to select computer, I have been selecting "my computer" I figured out to inter the IP of the camera. Everything is working now. Thanks for everyone's help.

16 of 17 (2,605 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2012 10:02:11 PM
(0)
Master

redjada wrote:

Great. Glad to be of assistance. Thanks for the update. Be sure to stop back if you have any other questions.

redjada wrote:

Great. Glad to be of assistance. Thanks for the update. Be sure to stop back if you have any other questions.

neon_sign.jpg

17 of 17 (2,562 Views)