For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wtcc1914's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 16th, 2013 12:40 AM

Has anyone sucessfully connected another router to NVG510? If so what brand model

Has anyone sucessfully connected another router to NVG510?  If so what brand model

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hi wtcc1914

The Motorola NVG510 does have a 3rd party router setup that most routers can connect to. Other U-verse customers have been able to successfully connect their routers to it. There are some other discussions in this Community website of others with the same concern. We even have a document specifically for NVG510 3rd party router setup as well. I'll attach some links at the bottom of my post. Let me know if these resources help answer your question.

Motorola NVG510 3rd Party Router Setup

Can someone walk me through port forwarding with the Motorola NVG510?

using a net gear dual band wireless router with my motorola nvg510?

What is the setup to connect my Apple Time Capsule to the Uverse router?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hopefully, the information that Morgan Bell has provided has got you going in the right direction, Anne Wolf. For the most part, with most modern day routers, you can actually just plug it in, and it will work automatically. Our modems are equipped to support standard internet connection to all devices.

My friend was able to connect an old Linksys router he had with no problems at all. The only thing he had to change was a setting in the Linksys router so it would connect via DHCP.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.