Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 23, 2014
1:23:14 PM
View profile
Gateway NVG510

I recently had my U-verse installed for Internet and phones. I can't find much info on the NVG510 Gateway. On the back of the unit, I noticed there is a red circle labeled Reset and a button labeled Setup. When would I have to use these?

Also, what happens if power goes out for longer than the battery backup unit can supply backup power? Does the Gateway automatically reset it self and my phones and Internet connection automatically start working again?  

Any info would be appreciated.

I recently had my U-verse installed for Internet and phones. I can't find much info on the NVG510 Gateway. On the back of the unit, I noticed there is a red circle labeled Reset and a button labeled Setup. When would I have to use these?

Also, what happens if power goes out for longer than the battery backup unit can supply backup power? Does the Gateway automatically reset it self and my phones and Internet connection automatically start working again?  

Any info would be appreciated.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 23, 2014 5:58:28 PM
(0)
Employee

Unless you have a generator or additional UPS as a power source during an extended outage, your internet and VoIP service will not work till power is restored.

Once power is restored the RG should reconnect, your services should function and the battery unit should recharge.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Gateway NVG510

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2014 5:49:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

I found link to Admin's Gateway manual from answers to the post titled: "Where can I download the UVerse Motorola NVG510 Router manual?" That was helpful, but I'm still wondering how my U-verse Internet and phones would survive an extended power outage. Will the system automatically restart itself when power is restored? Any info would be appreciated.

I found link to Admin's Gateway manual from answers to the post titled: "Where can I download the UVerse Motorola NVG510 Router manual?" That was helpful, but I'm still wondering how my U-verse Internet and phones would survive an extended power outage. Will the system automatically restart itself when power is restored? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Gateway NVG510

2 of 6 (933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 23, 2014 5:58:28 PM
(0)
Employee

Unless you have a generator or additional UPS as a power source during an extended outage, your internet and VoIP service will not work till power is restored.

Once power is restored the RG should reconnect, your services should function and the battery unit should recharge.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (931 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2014 6:05:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

4 of 6 (929 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2014 6:09:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

worker37 wrote:

A couple of winters ago, our power was out for 4 days.  Once power was restored, all equipment powered up and all services were in working order.

worker37 wrote:

A couple of winters ago, our power was out for 4 days.  Once power was restored, all equipment powered up and all services were in working order.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2014 6:18:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

skeeterintexas,

Thanks for your encouraging info. I'll sleep easier tonight.

skeeterintexas,

Thanks for your encouraging info. I'll sleep easier tonight.

6 of 6 (923 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments