MitDat's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 12:33 AM

Gateway 5031NV-030 with Apple's devices

Recently I upgraded my internet service from DSL to U-Verse. I also upgraded speed from 3Mb to 6Mb. But all my iPads, iPhones, iPods run very slow (slower than using 2Wire 1701HG before). The others devices are OK (faster). Wired connections are no problem, only Wifi with Apple's devices. It seems gateway 5031NV-030 is not compatible completely with Apple's devices.

Last week, AT&T technician online (chat) tried to change the channel, but nothing improved. What can I do for solving this problem?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Until today 5/17/2015, no one has any resolution. I think this problem is never solved by AT&T even they knew it's existing from beginning. When you choose AT&T U-Verse service you had to accept those problems like this, no choice. So becareful when you want to change service, unfortunately in some area AT&T forced you change service by increasing service fee if you want to keep old service (DSL).

AT&T is not recommended using other routers with their gateway, but I think I must try that. Thank you everyone comes and sees my post.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@MitDat See this SomeJoe7777 post:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire/Pace/Motorola routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/ and find the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV and NVG589/510) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you Chris but it's not my case. My gateway has already set to WPA2-PSK.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

What IOS are you running? There have been some awesome networking problems with Apple lately.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you everyone supporting me. I canceled services with AT&T so my "headache" was stopped.

Thank you again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.