orrml04's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 26th, 2012 1:08 AM

Firmware update for Motorola nvg510

Any one know when a firmware update will be available for the motorola nvg510. It's very frustrating piece of ###. The constant robbing of my browsers home page (Firefox and IE) because the device can't keep connection to the DNS servers 99.99.99.53 and 153. It has gotten very annoying. Does anyone have any ideas how to keep the stupid thing from hijacking my home page url ???   "http://www.google.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha" (this takes me to a bogus error message about phone lines)  takes a lot of wrangling to get it away from the device..

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@Bauwls

Hello. I had a tech show up yesterday found some issues both in and out of the house , put in a dedicated line for IP DSL, checked for CRC errors, and took out the motorola NVG510 and gave me a IP DSL modem only Motorola model # 2210 , and I use a Cisco Linksys WRT54GS2 Router now. Its been 32 hours since and I am still up a runnig with no problems download speed 5.60 upload 0.72.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Since using a Motorola DSL Modem 2210 and a Linksys Cisco N900 router I have not had any more drops what so ever.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I recently had a problem with connectivity; my new macbook pro (Dec '12) recognizes the wirlless signal from my Motorola NVG510 modem/router, but has no connection to the Internet. It may come back in every so often, work for a while, then drop download speeds to dial-up levels, then go out again.

All green lights on the modem though, and my 2008 Macbook Pro and iPhone don't lose the Internet at all. I have noticed that my wife's iPad loses connection also infrequently, usually while streaming radio.

Apple looked at the laptop and couldn't find anything wrong; indeed when the new macbook uses other wireless connections it doesn't have ANY issue. Perfect performance. It's only when it's at home. 

Someone raised a point that multiple devices (we have 7) using the router could be creating a problem, but nothing else seems to be effected. They each have different IPs

So.... AT&T? Any thoughts? Beyond calling a tech, I don't know what to do.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

To solve the nvg510 redirect problem on a Windows 7 computer, I have found it necessary to:
1.  Disable IPV6 in the modem control pages, at Home Network>Config
2.  Delete all temporary internet files and history, etc.
3.  Close the browser.
4.  Open a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /flushdns
5. Try going to www.google.com to verify the problem is now gone (i.e. you are no longer redirected)
6. If desired, re-enable IPV6 in the modem controls

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

2902 is the message I keep getting I need the update as well with uverse these modems suck when do the new ones get relesed and can you sign me up for them kudos 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I just had my 3rd NVG two weeks ago.  Still getting a flashing green service led in the mornings, rendering it useless.

My contract ends in January, and if there is not any substantial increase in realiablity, Cox Cable here I come.

Yeah they suck too, but I will just have to deal with throtteling issues rather than crap equipment.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Same again this morning. took an hour of trying to fix it using the diagnostics. Finally had to unplug it again. ATT, can you advise what to do? Had techs out 3 times already.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello rp123,

I'm sorry about the trouble you are experiencing with your Internet service and the NVG510. I am understanding the green service LED light on the gateway begins blinking then results in loss of services. I can help you investigate the cause of this and coordinate a resolution. I have sent you a private message to gather more details to locate your account and perform some tests that will help isolate the source of trouble.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I had this same problem for 18 months with my ATT U-verse connection. A friend who is an IT Professional gave it his best troubleshooting it, finding this forum in the process and still not resolving the problem. Few days ago I found a related web article that really did / has fixed these connection problems. It was fixed by shutting off a running service known as Bonjour Service. It's an Apple program the article said that ends up in our PCs and reaks havoc with connections. So I was able to shut off and disable Bonjour Service and the connection ever since has come up clean on boot or reboots numerous times since. I cannot tell you how to shut off Bonjour or see if it is on your PC, nor did I catch the address of the webpage that told me this. But if you can do so by Googling, this will solve the problem as it did for me. Hope it works for you too....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I still get this  error even when att has came out 6 times to fix my line [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I hate att

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.