houston01's profile

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

Sunday, August 17th, 2014 11:27 AM

FEC Errors and conflicting information from Phone support vs inside line tech

I have the Motorola 589 Gateway.  When the inside tech replaced my old 589 we started talking about the line stats.  He said the FEC errors reset back to zero every 15 mins.

1) is that true, do they go back to zero every 15 mins?

2) if so what is an acceptable #, 100/minute?

I've had to call for technical support twice in two weeks (on average every 15 mins the TV picture freezes for 5 seconds...it is like 5 seconds has been spliced out...happens on live TV and recorded TV).  Both times Tier One support said I had line problems and both times the inside tech said there is nothing wrong with the line and has swaped out ethernet cables, DVR and gateway.

Who should I trust?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@houston01 wrote:

I have the Motorola 589 Gateway.  When the inside tech replaced my old 589 we started talking about the line stats.  He said the FEC errors reset back to zero every 15 mins.

1) is that true, do they go back to zero every 15 mins?

2) if so what is an acceptable #, 100/minute?

I've had to call for technical support twice in two weeks (on average every 15 mins the TV picture freezes for 5 seconds...it is like 5 seconds has been spliced out...happens on live TV and recorded TV).  Both times Tier One support said I had line problems and both times the inside tech said there is nothing wrong with the line and has swaped out ethernet cables, DVR and gateway.

Who should I trust?

FECs will not be  a problem until you're getting 10-100 million/15min block.  Thousands is not a problem as they are corrected. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.