kramsde2's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 4:39 AM

Equipment for new subcribers

I'm getting U-verse installed next week and wondering what type of equipment I'll be getting for the TVs...either Cisco or Motorola? It seams like Cisco is what AT&T is using more of..but I'm not sure.

How about the router/gateway/modem? What brand/model are they giving to new customers?

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Kramsde,

This is just based on trends, however any series of circumstances can change this. (Including Warehouse Availability.) Motorola Units are newer, but it depends what your market is using and what they have available. Usually your market will be more Motorola Exclusive or Cisco Exclusive.*

Residential Gateway

If you're: Then you'll likely get

• Pair-Bonded VDSL: Motorola NVG589 (more likely) or i3812 iNID with 2Wire i38 (although I heard this was being phased out.)
  • FTTP: ONT with Motorola NVG589, 2Wire/PACE 3801 or 3800.
  • GigaPower (Austin): ONT with Motorola NVG589
  • If you're not pair bonded and not FTTP: You'll likely get the 2Wire/PACE 3800 or 3801.

DVR and STBs

If you subscribe to: - you'll likely get

• U300 and higher - VIP2250 or the Cisco ISB7500 DVR.
  • GigaPower - Pace IPH8010 DVR.
  • Below U300 - VIP 1225/1216 DVR or IPN430/4320 DVR

If you're using:

• Wireless Receivers - Cisco ISB 7005 STB, Motorola VAP2500 (With a Motorola VAP2500 or Cisco VEN401-AP)
  • Wired Receivers - Motorola VIP2200/VIP1200 STB, Cisco IPN330

* There are a few exceptions, for my Wireless Receivers: I got Cisco ISB7005 with a Motorola VAP2500. Everything else is Motorola.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

• Pair-Bonded VDSL: Motorola NVG589 (more likely) or i3812 iNID with 2Wire i38 (although I heard this was being phased out.)

From what the techs who were at my house a couple of weeks ago said, they are not doing any iNID installs so if its pair bonded, it will be the Motorola NVG589.  They replaced my iNID with this and it's so much better.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you all for your answers. I appreciate it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.