Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 4, 2012
5:30:28 AM
View profile
Does the U-Verse internet require a phone line for input?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2012 5:41:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Nov 4, 2012 at 5:44:42 AM

It requires a cable pair from your house to the VRAD, but, does not require you have a "dial tone" line at your residence.  With that said it will require that you have a cable running from the NID on the side of your home to the location where the Residential Gateway will be located for the input or signal to be connected.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Does the U-Verse internet require a phone line for input?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2012 5:41:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Nov 4, 2012 at 5:44:42 AM

It requires a cable pair from your house to the VRAD, but, does not require you have a "dial tone" line at your residence.  With that said it will require that you have a cable running from the NID on the side of your home to the location where the Residential Gateway will be located for the input or signal to be connected.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does the U-Verse internet require a phone line for input?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (11,988 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2012 5:41:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Depends on what you mean by "a phone line:"

You do not have to have phone service with AT&T to have U-verse High Speed Internet.

However, you will need a physical pair of wires (maybe two) to carry it to your house.  They can provide this drop as part of connecting your service.

Depends on what you mean by "a phone line:"

You do not have to have phone service with AT&T to have U-verse High Speed Internet.

However, you will need a physical pair of wires (maybe two) to carry it to your house.  They can provide this drop as part of connecting your service.

Re: Does the U-Verse internet require a phone line for input?

3 of 3 (11,987 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments