cyj777's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 2:40 PM

DVR Packet Delivery Schedule??

My new Insignia LED TV turns on by itself at what seems to be random times of the day or night. I have tried several things to resolve this, unplugged and pressed power button for 60 seconds (at recommendation of Insignia tech), moved to different outlet, reset TV to manufacturer defaults, made sure everything auto is off, I even unplugged the HDMI cable connecting my Uverse DVR to the TV and nothing has resolved the issue. I planned on returning TV today but I just happened to be awake to see the exact time it came on by itself, at 2:34 am.. I took a look at the system info for Uverse and at that same time a DVR Packet had been delivered. Now this may be just a coincidence, but my Uverse DVR did not turn on, just the TV. Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for these packets to be delivered? I would like to see if it happens again, but I prefer not to spend the entire day inside with TV off just waiting for this to happen again. Also, has anyone else had this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

cyj777 - You seem focused on the the U-verse packet delivery. There has never been a complaint in that area. It is highly unlikely. It is easily remedied by using component instead of HDMI.

You need to read the other posts on the google list. It is hard to believe they can make any money selling these TVs.

I take back the IR suggestion. You need to return the set as soon as possible.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

cyj777 - On first reading, I am thinking it is a feature of the TV to turn on based on signal over the HDMI cable. Find that setting in the TV & turn it off.

But, you say you disconnected the HDMI cable. Was it disconnected when u-verse rcvd a packet?

Do you have other devices connected HDMI?

If you use U-verse connected component, it cannot be u-verse.

Post your TV make/model & I wil look it up.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Model number: NS-32D120A13 Product Description: 32" LED HD Television I did not check if a DVR packet was delivered when it came on while HDMI cable unplugged. That's why I want to know the schedule so I can troubleshoot a little more effectively before I return the TV. I am sure it is several times a day, because I have seen it happen at least 3 times in one day.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

I saw you said it is an insignia & I googled that - You are not alone - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=insignia+turns+on&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

It must be the IR sensor - cover it & see if it turns on.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Oh forgot to mention UVerse is only thing connected to this TV

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

😐 I know

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Nothing happens when covered IR censor Hopefully it happens again soon so I can check if packet was delivered.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Oh it is going back as soon as BB opens. Do not need this headche from a cheap TV. Thanks you for your time.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Now your talking! Go to Costco for the replacement.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.