Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 20, 2013
6:40:45 AM
View profile
DVR Packet Delivery Schedule??

My new Insignia LED TV turns on by itself at what seems to be random times of the day or night. I have tried several things to resolve this, unplugged and pressed power button for 60 seconds (at recommendation of Insignia tech), moved to different outlet, reset TV to manufacturer defaults, made sure everything auto is off, I even unplugged the HDMI cable connecting my Uverse DVR to the TV and nothing has resolved the issue. I planned on returning TV today but I just happened to be awake to see the exact time it came on by itself, at 2:34 am.. I took a look at the system info for Uverse and at that same time a DVR Packet had been delivered. Now this may be just a coincidence, but my Uverse DVR did not turn on, just the TV. Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for these packets to be delivered? I would like to see if it happens again, but I prefer not to spend the entire day inside with TV off just waiting for this to happen again. Also, has anyone else had this issue?

My new Insignia LED TV turns on by itself at what seems to be random times of the day or night. I have tried several things to resolve this, unplugged and pressed power button for 60 seconds (at recommendation of Insignia tech), moved to different outlet, reset TV to manufacturer defaults, made sure everything auto is off, I even unplugged the HDMI cable connecting my Uverse DVR to the TV and nothing has resolved the issue. I planned on returning TV today but I just happened to be awake to see the exact time it came on by itself, at 2:34 am.. I took a look at the system info for Uverse and at that same time a DVR Packet had been delivered. Now this may be just a coincidence, but my Uverse DVR did not turn on, just the TV. Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for these packets to be delivered? I would like to see if it happens again, but I prefer not to spend the entire day inside with TV off just waiting for this to happen again. Also, has anyone else had this issue?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 7:34:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
cyj777 - You seem focused on the the U-verse packet delivery. There has never been a complaint in that area. It is highly unlikely. It is easily remedied by using component instead of HDMI.

You need to read the other posts on the google list. It is hard to believe they can make any money selling these TVs.

I take back the IR suggestion. You need to return the set as soon as possible.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DVR Packet Delivery Schedule??

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 6:48:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
cyj777 - On first reading, I am thinking it is a feature of the TV to turn on based on signal over the HDMI cable. Find that setting in the TV & turn it off.

But, you say you disconnected the HDMI cable. Was it disconnected when u-verse rcvd a packet?

Do you have other devices connected HDMI?

If you use U-verse connected component, it cannot be u-verse.

Post your TV make/model & I wil look it up.
cyj777 - On first reading, I am thinking it is a feature of the TV to turn on based on signal over the HDMI cable. Find that setting in the TV & turn it off.

But, you say you disconnected the HDMI cable. Was it disconnected when u-verse rcvd a packet?

Do you have other devices connected HDMI?

If you use U-verse connected component, it cannot be u-verse.

Post your TV make/model & I wil look it up.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Packet Delivery Schedule??

2 of 10 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:07:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
Model number: NS-32D120A13 Product Description: 32" LED HD Television I did not check if a DVR packet was delivered when it came on while HDMI cable unplugged. That's why I want to know the schedule so I can troubleshoot a little more effectively before I return the TV. I am sure it is several times a day, because I have seen it happen at least 3 times in one day.
Model number: NS-32D120A13 Product Description: 32" LED HD Television I did not check if a DVR packet was delivered when it came on while HDMI cable unplugged. That's why I want to know the schedule so I can troubleshoot a little more effectively before I return the TV. I am sure it is several times a day, because I have seen it happen at least 3 times in one day.

3 of 10 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:08:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jan 20, 2013 at 7:10:54 AM

I saw you said it is an insignia & I googled that - You are not alone - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=insignia+turns+on&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&...

It must be the IR sensor - cover it & see if it turns on.

I saw you said it is an insignia & I googled that - You are not alone - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=insignia+turns+on&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

It must be the IR sensor - cover it & see if it turns on.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:10:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh forgot to mention UVerse is only thing connected to this TV
Oh forgot to mention UVerse is only thing connected to this TV

5 of 10 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:15:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
:-| I know
:-| I know

6 of 10 (473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:19:15 AM
(0)
Tutor
Nothing happens when covered IR censor Hopefully it happens again soon so I can check if packet was delivered.
Nothing happens when covered IR censor Hopefully it happens again soon so I can check if packet was delivered.

7 of 10 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 7:34:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
cyj777 - You seem focused on the the U-verse packet delivery. There has never been a complaint in that area. It is highly unlikely. It is easily remedied by using component instead of HDMI.

You need to read the other posts on the google list. It is hard to believe they can make any money selling these TVs.

8 of 10 (462 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:43:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh it is going back as soon as BB opens. Do not need this headche from a cheap TV. Thanks you for your time.
Oh it is going back as soon as BB opens. Do not need this headche from a cheap TV. Thanks you for your time.

9 of 10 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 7:47:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Now your talking! Go to Costco for the replacement.
Now your talking! Go to Costco for the replacement.

10 of 10 (442 Views)