Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 27, 2013
4:06:10 PM
Customer purchase of gateway

Can you suggest a gateway that I can purchase the would provide U-verse vdsl2 internet service?  I have no need for TV or u-verse VOI phone service. All I require is  internet service. I'd like to use my own router (wired and/or wireless).I'd like to use the DMZ feature so I can use my own router.   Any suggestions are grealy appreciated!

Can you suggest a gateway that I can purchase the would provide U-verse vdsl2 internet service?  I have no need for TV or u-verse VOI phone service. All I require is  internet service. I'd like to use my own router (wired and/or wireless).I'd like to use the DMZ feature so I can use my own router.   Any suggestions are grealy appreciated!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 27, 2013 4:54:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I was able to locate this for you:

1.  Activated DMZPlus on the 5031NV.

2. Rebooted my router.

3. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, unchecked Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.

4. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I checked everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.

5. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I unchecked NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.

6. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I uncheckedUncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).

7.  Disabled WiFi on the 5031NV RG.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Customer purchase of gateway

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 4:13:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I believe this is the newest one offered: http://www.pace.com/americas/products/gateways/vdsl/5031nv/  You have to buy it if you only want internet service.  Cost: $100.  Might be able to find one on ebay?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I believe this is the newest one offered: http://www.pace.com/americas/products/gateways/vdsl/5031nv/  You have to buy it if you only want internet service.  Cost: $100.  Might be able to find one on ebay?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Customer purchase of gateway

2 of 5 (1,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 4:28:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks !   Can I purchase this pace gateway as part of an online order or do I need to speak with a u-verse salesperson? I'm going to try this at home first.  Then I'm going to do the same at our office.

Thanks !   Can I purchase this pace gateway as part of an online order or do I need to speak with a u-verse salesperson? I'm going to try this at home first.  Then I'm going to do the same at our office.

3 of 5 (1,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 4:46:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

One last question. Can you give me a link to specific instructions on how to connect  this my exisitng router? I'd like to use my exisitng router as my DHCP server.  Thank you !

One last question. Can you give me a link to specific instructions on how to connect  this my exisitng router? I'd like to use my exisitng router as my DHCP server.  Thank you !

4 of 5 (1,341 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 27, 2013 4:54:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

2. Rebooted my router.

3. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, unchecked Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.

4. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I checked everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.

5. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I unchecked NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.

6. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I uncheckedUncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).

2. Rebooted my router.

5 of 5 (1,338 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments