neteng's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 2:16 AM

Connecting i3812v to an iPSU with Cat5 cable pair

I have the 2 pair bonded setup with an i3812v iNID on the outside of my house and a iPSU on the inside.  This was disconnected several months ago when changing services.  I want to re-establish U-Verse for Internet only and use my own wireless router as I am not fond of the i38HG.  In order to do this setup I need to connect the i38HG in order to connect to the i3812v and enable the Ethernet port.  Since I had the service before and have all of the equipment I don't need an installer to come to my house.  I can set everything up and wait for them to "flip the switch" to re-establish my Internet connection. 

Here is my issue:

The ethernet cable that was used provide power between the i3812v and the iPSU has been disconnected and removed from the iPSU.  I have found manuals for the iNID and the iPSU but neither say anything about how to connect them together.  I removed the cover that has the warning about "risk of electrick shock" and found black and red screw terminals.  This appears to be the only logical place that the pair of cat5 wires could possibly connect to provide power to the i3812v.  I don't know which wire should go on which terminal.  The i3812v on my house is using the blue and white/blue to connect to the power connecter inside the iNID.  Does anyone know whether I should connect the white/blue to the black or to the red terminal in the iPSU (and subsequently the blue to the black or red terminal). I cannot believe that this is not documented anywhere.

Thanks,

NetEng

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

my thoughts is right on the money, appreciate seeing great support here 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.