Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2012
1:50:45 PM
View profile
Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 2, 2012 4:56:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The same reason you can't have more than one account per address.  You can't have more than one DVR per address/account either. 

One residence = one account = one RG* and/or one DVR.

*Uverse calls it a "Residential Gateway" and not a modem. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2012 2:36:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No
No
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

2 of 4 (2,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2012 10:14:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Could you explain why?

Could you explain why?

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

3 of 4 (2,074 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 2, 2012 4:56:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The same reason you can't have more than one account per address.  You can't have more than one DVR per address/account either. 

4 of 4 (2,063 Views)
Solution