Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 17, 2013
10:55:49 AM
At&t uverse green data cable

so the one at&t provided broke and i recently bought a belkin high speed rj11 cable (http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-High-Speed-Internet-Modem-Cable/dp/B00004Z5LZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=13... the problem is that when i plug it in to the wall jack it doesnt secure and then loosens and i lose connection. this didnt happen with my at&t green cable. So i was wondering is there a way to recieve another cable from at&t or any similar item that i can get?

so the one at&t provided broke and i recently bought a belkin high speed rj11 cable (http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-High-Speed-Internet-Modem-Cable/dp/B00004Z5LZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376761992&sr=8-1&keywords=rj11+internet+cable) the problem is that when i plug it in to the wall jack it doesnt secure and then loosens and i lose connection. this didnt happen with my at&t green cable. So i was wondering is there a way to recieve another cable from at&t or any similar item that i can get?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2013 11:28:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Aug 17, 2013 at 11:53:31 AM

Undecked - Can you tell if it is the jack or the plug that is bad ?? Try the cable end plug in another RJ-11 jack. Do you have a tel cord try it in the wall jack. Seems like if the previous wire broke it may have affected the jack. You can easily get a replacement wall plate. I saw one in the hardware store closeout. If the new wire is bad you can rturn it. Probably not worth it. Maybe they would end you a new one.

Maybe just make sure the tab is in the right posytion & clicks in place. If you need a new wall jack, you might go for an RJ-45 because it is easier to find a cable.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

At&t uverse green data cable

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2013 11:28:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Aug 17, 2013 at 11:53:31 AM

Undecked - Can you tell if it is the jack or the plug that is bad ?? Try the cable end plug in another RJ-11 jack. Do you have a tel cord try it in the wall jack. Seems like if the previous wire broke it may have affected the jack. You can easily get a replacement wall plate. I saw one in the hardware store closeout. If the new wire is bad you can rturn it. Probably not worth it. Maybe they would end you a new one.

Maybe just make sure the tab is in the right posytion & clicks in place. If you need a new wall jack, you might go for an RJ-45 because it is easier to find a cable.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: At&t uverse green data cable

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (6,321 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 12:08:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

it maybe the wall jack because i got 3 jacks in home and 2 of them worked i hear the click noise when i plug in the rj11. i currently now use my jack upstairs as there is no issues when i plug in but downstairs the 2 wire would go red solid then green flashing and back to red. The flashing happens at broadband

it maybe the wall jack because i got 3 jacks in home and 2 of them worked i hear the click noise when i plug in the rj11. i currently now use my jack upstairs as there is no issues when i plug in but downstairs the 2 wire would go red solid then green flashing and back to red. The flashing happens at broadband

3 of 4 (6,297 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 6:25:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

switched the wall jack and eveything works perfect now thanks for the help Smiley Happy

switched the wall jack and eveything works perfect now thanks for the help Smiley Happy

4 of 4 (6,238 Views)