For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
PotatoeGuru's profile

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

Saturday, November 16th, 2013 11:58 PM

Any PS4 users experiencing any issues?

It's the weirdest dang thing ... the MOMENT I turn on my PS4, all my devices set to my WiFi says the gateway is out of range.

The only way to get WiFi back is to either turn off the PS4 or remove the network cable (like others, this is the only way I can currently connect).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is it possible the PS4 could be causing enough interference to create the issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, David.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what was causing the problem. It's genesis was rooted in me not being able to connect via WiFi during the initial setup. My 2WIRE### did not appear in my choice of options when I checked network settings on the PS4-- which was literally within six inches from the gateway and two-three feet from the PS3 (which connects via WiFi). In fact, the only 2WIRE choices I could find through automatic setup belonged to (what I assume to be) my neighbors. I was able to finally connect via the cable method described in the original post .... and, well ... you know what happened next! 😎

Ultimately, I fixed the problem by restoring the PS4 back to factory defaults and stepping back through the set up process; however, this time I went through the manual WiFi setup instead of the "wizard' when I got to the network section based on the information found on the gateway's label.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi PotatoeGuru,

I apologize for the issues you are having. I could not imagine the PS4 interfering with the wireless signal that greatly. Besides the system getting power, I am not aware of anything from the PS4 that would cause electromagnetic interference. Is the PS4 within 5 feet of the gateway. If so, you may want to try to move it further away. If not, when you get closer to the gateway with your wireless devices, do they see a connection once again. If not, it may just be the wireless on the gateway going out. If so, you may want to try rebooting the gateway.

If you do get a connection as you get closer, checkout this awesome article from SomeJoe7777 on How to minimize Wireless Interference,
Wireless Interference Troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes,

-David T

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for letting us know what fixed it. I still don't know how that makes sense, but when it comes to console launches, I have accepted that you have to throw all sense out the window. Glad to know it is working.

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

UVerse has something tied into it. Speed is fine through Comcast. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.