Posted Feb 11, 2014
9:56:15 AM
View profile
ATT 24mbps to 45 mbps upgrade appointment 2/13/2013

I just got U-verse on 1/27/2013 u450, 24mbps internet and 2 phone lines. I LOVE IT. Online it showed my max internet speed available at 24. I called ATT yesterday and spoke to 2 people. It appears that I am eligible for 45mbps. I have an appointment for a tech to come out on Thursday 2/13/2013. I am just wondering how I can prep my place for this appointment. Before my Last appointment I planned out my network. I ran 2 to 3 Cat6 cables to each location 1 for data and 1 for tv and a third for RG and WAP where needed.

My current setup is 1 DVR, 3 STB, 1 Wireless STB, 1 Vap2500, 2 Netgear GS105 and 3 Netgear GS108 switches and a NVG589 RG.

Question - All of my Cat6 runs are in use. I still have some Cat6 in a box. Will the technician need another Cable or 2 to the NVG589 or am I good with a single Cat6 to the RG?

Thanks your knowledge and advice is appreciated.

I just got U-verse on 1/27/2013 u450, 24mbps internet and 2 phone lines. I LOVE IT. Online it showed my max internet speed available at 24. I called ATT yesterday and spoke to 2 people. It appears that I am eligible for 45mbps. I have an appointment for a tech to come out on Thursday 2/13/2013. I am just wondering how I can prep my place for this appointment. Before my Last appointment I planned out my network. I ran 2 to 3 Cat6 cables to each location 1 for data and 1 for tv and a third for RG and WAP where needed.

My current setup is 1 DVR, 3 STB, 1 Wireless STB, 1 Vap2500, 2 Netgear GS105 and 3 Netgear GS108 switches and a NVG589 RG.

Question - All of my Cat6 runs are in use. I still have some Cat6 in a box. Will the technician need another Cable or 2 to the NVG589 or am I good with a single Cat6 to the RG?

Thanks your knowledge and advice is appreciated.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2014 11:12:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The 45 mps requires two pair to the NVG589 router.  The one cable you have in place is 4 pair so you are good to go!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

ATT 24mbps to 45 mbps upgrade appointment 2/13/2013

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2014 11:12:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The 45 mps requires two pair to the NVG589 router.  The one cable you have in place is 4 pair so you are good to go!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT 24mbps to 45 mbps upgrade appointment 2/13/2013

2 of 2 (812 Views)
Solution