Randonguy_hlp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 28th, 2014 2:13 AM

ASUS G751 wont connect to internet.

I bought a new ASUS gaming pc G751 and the router that i have currently is a 3600HGV-2Wire(I have att uverse) which is G standard but the new pc requires N standards so i bought a new 4111N router that is for uverse that is N Standard but i can't install the new router any help? 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Randonguy_hlp wrote:

I bought a new ASUS gaming pc G751 and the router that i have currently is a 3600HGV-2Wire(I have att uverse) which is G standard but the new pc requires N standards so i bought a new 4111N router that is for uverse that is N Standard but i can't install it any help? 

Use these instructions from Computer Joe:

This is what I did to use an "internal" router. I set my "internal" router to use DHCP for the WAN address, plugged it's WAN port in to the RG, reboot the "internal" router, let the RG assign a local address to the "internal" router and then set that address to the DMZ in the RG's management interface. When I go to the "internal" router's management interface it shows as having the same WAN, gateway, and DNS addresses that the RG uses.

I set the "internal" router to assign addresses to "my" side of the network in a different IP range than what the RG uses (192.168.2.* instead of 192.168.1.*) but using the same subnet mask (255.255.255.0). My internet works fine with no interuptions and local network tasks (back ups, streaming, etc.) work as expected.

I can also still access the RG from "my" side of the network when I need to without having to change any network settings or swap any cables. Leave DHCP running on the RG. You do not need to disable the firewall in the RG as the DMZ will open a pinhole through it to the address you pick (your internal router).

If you have existing wireless on your router that your satisfied with and want to keep, just make sure to turn off the wireless in the RG.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry what?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.