Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 21, 2011
6:24:34 AM
3801HGV and password

I need to set up port forwarding and found a very good explanation from this forum of how to go about doing that.  However, when I got to the point where I had to put in my password, it wasn't accepted.  I understand the password is on the label of the 2wire.  Is this the network key that they're referring to? I've tried that, and I get login failed.  Can anyone help here?

Thanks!

I need to set up port forwarding and found a very good explanation from this forum of how to go about doing that.  However, when I got to the point where I had to put in my password, it wasn't accepted.  I understand the password is on the label of the 2wire.  Is this the network key that they're referring to? I've tried that, and I get login failed.  Can anyone help here?

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2011 8:27:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try the Device Access Code.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

3801HGV and password

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 8:07:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, you need to enter the System Password shown on the label not the Wireless Network Key.

No, you need to enter the System Password shown on the label not the Wireless Network Key.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3801HGV and password

2 of 8 (25,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 8:19:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

On the label there's an S/N; P/N MAC Address; SSID; wireless network key; device access code

are any of these correct?

On the label there's an S/N; P/N MAC Address; SSID; wireless network key; device access code

are any of these correct?

3 of 8 (25,805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2011 8:27:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

4 of 8 (25,803 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 9:01:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

That did it!  Thank you so much.  I LOVE forums!!!

Smiley Very Happy

That did it!  Thank you so much.  I LOVE forums!!!

Smiley Very Happy

5 of 8 (25,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 9:20:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good deal!

Good deal!

6 of 8 (25,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2012 3:37:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by kode54 on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:39:41 PM

My new 3801HGV doesn't have a device access code on the label, only the wireless SSID and password, and a link to AT&T support.

When I set DMZ Plus for my internal router, it accepted it without the password, but when I went to disable the 2wire wireless, it asked me to either set the factory password or my own, and when I set my own, it ignored my setting. It later gave a hint that it wanted the factory password and not the one I set.

My new 3801HGV doesn't have a device access code on the label, only the wireless SSID and password, and a link to AT&T support.

When I set DMZ Plus for my internal router, it accepted it without the password, but when I went to disable the 2wire wireless, it asked me to either set the factory password or my own, and when I set my own, it ignored my setting. It later gave a hint that it wanted the factory password and not the one I set.

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (24,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2012 1:12:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

Disregard this, I only noticed the obvious removable yellow sticker, not the dark gray on black semi-permanent label on the other side of the unit.

Disregard this, I only noticed the obvious removable yellow sticker, not the dark gray on black semi-permanent label on the other side of the unit.

8 of 8 (24,537 Views)