etsherman's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 1:00 AM

2Wire 3800HGV-B with DMZ Plus Mode Enabled Problem.

On my home network using the 2Wire 3800HGV-B Gateway, I have server software installed on one of my machines for which I need access to from outside the network.  I enabled DMZ Plus mode for this computer in the Gateway which basically disabled the firewall and opened all ports.  Not ideal but this is only temporary for demo of some reports.  I can now connect to this computer using a http:// request for the purpose of running the server software.  The problem is now, this computer is not visible on the local network to any of the other computers for file sharing, etc.  When I look in Network Explorer ... it does not show up.  The machine is running Windows 7 Pro.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

ET Sherman 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

It's because in the DMZ mode, the computer gets the outside IP address, which means it's on a different subnet than the rest of your computers, which are on private IPs.

The correct setup for you is to put the server back on a private IP (don't use DMZ Plus mode), and then open port 80 on the firewall to that computer so that it can answer web requests.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I guess the DMZ Plus Mode on the Gateway will not allow the computer to connect to other computers on the local network for security reasons ... all ports are open.

ET

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, thanks SomeJoe7777.  Actually I had it setup like that at first but my mistake was trying to access the server from outside the firewall with the private IP address 192.1.......  I needed to use the Gateway's outside IP address when accessing through the WAN.

Much appreciated.

ET Sherman

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.