coastman49's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 5:06 PM

2Wire 3600HGV Signal Strength

I recently got AT&T Uverse.  The 2Wire 3600HGV signal is weak and fluctuates to my upstairs wireless PC.  Just before I got U-Verse I purchased the Netgear N600( WNDR3700)Wireless Dual Band router.  I want to use it for all my wired PCs  and my 2 wireless devices instead of the U-Verse 2Wire 3600HGV.  What do I need to do?  One the wireless devices I can already see the Netgear router and the 2-wire because I have a CAT-5 cable running from the 2Wire 3600HGV to the Netgear router.  Do I need to disable anything in the 2Wire 3600HGV, before I can use the Netgear for all my devices?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Copied and pasted from another post:

1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP.  This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.

2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces.

3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.

4. Log into the 2Wire router's interface.  Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ

5. Select your router under section (1).

6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2).

7. Click the Save button.

8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address.  At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP.

9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration

10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.

11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.

12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.

13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).

14. Click Save.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Got it.  Up and working.  Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.