jenny+3's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 22nd, 2016 8:08 PM

I was lied to by an AT&T represenative about the price for my services, how can I get this fixed?

In May of this year I was quoted by an AT&T sales represenative a monthly price of 39.99 + tax for two years with a one year contract and then on the third year the price would go up to a flat rate of $60.  for home and Uverse internet service. Because of my family's current situation I had to shop around for low priced phone and internet services, this was a good deal and so I accepted the quote and started the service. Every month since I began home services with AT&T the bill has not been my promised price but in the $60 - $70 range. I have to call several times every time the bill comes asking why the bill is not the promised price. I am passed around from one represenative to another, no one wanting to deal with this problem. I was finally told I can not have the quoted price because it's only for plans with television service also. I told the represenative very plainly that when I started my service I made it clear that I did not want TV service, that I could not afford anything extra. Everyone I have talked to either refuses to fix this problem or tells me they can't. I can not afford the $60 -$70. bill if I knew that my bill was going to be that amount I would not of ordered service. I was and have been polite and honest to all the represenatives that I have spoken to - as the customer of AT&T I should be treated with the same respect. I should not be required to pay this higher price that I am now told I will have to because of the sales department's apparent mistake about the TV service. How can I fix this or more importantly get AT&T to fix this and keep their word? It is not right that they lie to their customers and think it's alright to do so.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a similar situation, where I was told one price and the monthly bill is much more.  When I call them, they say that they are adjusting it, but it's no better the next month.  In fact it has gotten worse.  I agree.  It is not right that they lie to their customers.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

An AT&T representative - who are they? Everytime I call AT&T I spend a half an hour minimum being put on hold while they do who knows what. I wouldn't trust anything they do until the bill is received.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply but the amounts you gave has nothing to do with the quote and agreed upon contract I have with AT&T. Because of my family's current situation I had to try to find a lower priced provider for my home telephone and internet service than the one I had at the time. When I called AT&T I explained clearly that all I was interested in was finding a low monthly price for home phone and internet service. I was given a price by the sales represenative, one of your fellow employees, for $39.99 + tax monthly for unlimited calling for the home phone and U-verse internet together. I was told with the taxes added my monthly bill would be about $43-$44. I was assurred of this monthly price after asking twice if this was correct for the two services together. I thought this was a great deal and knew it would help a lot. Before agreeing I asked the represenative to explain the whole package to me to make sure I understood it all. I also asked about any extra fees or hidden charges she told me there was none. The represenative did tell me that usually AT&T charges a activation/ installation fee of $100. but because I was a new customer that fee would be waived. I asked her if that was something she could actually do and she told me it was. Well when my first bill came I found out she lied about the installation fee and the monthly bill amount. I called AT&T immediately about this problem and I have had to call several times each month since trying to get the bill corrected to the one year contract that was quoted to me by your company and what I agreed to. I was and have been honest and courteous to every represenative that I have spoken to but for some reason AT&T does not believe in treating their customers with that same respect. I am ashamed to have AT&T as a provider for these needed services, this company all companies should want to have their customers proud to do business with them. It is unfortunate that AT&T does not have that as a goal. I hope many more AT&T employees and customers read this so they will become more aware of what has been happenning and allowed to continue. I need this wrong billing amount fixed. It is not just the money that's the issue it's also the lying that doesn't seem to be a problem to AT&T. It is not right ! I hope someone can help me with this and that it will not happen to others. Thank you  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.