For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
keyj65's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 24th, 2015 9:10 PM

How can I unlink my accounts

I need to un-link my accounts sense I now have only one account. I have uverse internet with voice. I can't get an account setup until I can un-link .  ( I think )          James

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

1. Log in to myAT&T.
  2. At the VERY top of the page, hover over My Linked Accounts, then select Manage account access.
  3. Select De-link Account next to the account you would like to remove.
  4. Select Continue to complete the de-linking process.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How can I do that? Do I have to be on a laptop? Because your directions aren't working for me. I don't want my direct linked to my internet account anymore. The website is way to complicated to use and it never shows me how to do anything for my directv service. I just want to go back to using the directv website for everything.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem.  Have called AT&T twice and they just don't complete the unlinking process.  VERY FRUSTRATING

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This was absolutely NO help what so ever.  There is NO link at the very top of the myatt page referencing linked accounts.  I have 2 accounts that show cancelled but there is NO option to unlink them.

Perhaps you should post a LINK that takes me directly to where I need to be to unlink accounts.  So far, this app is pretty worthless - unless of course I am paying my bill.  THAT is very easy to find!

huh! ATT get with the program!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Terrible.  Terrible. Terrible.  After calling I was told would take 2+ months to unlink accounts.  This HELP topic is out of date and there is no link on the webpage.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

1. Log in to myAT&T. OK good.
  2. At the VERY top of the page, hover over My Linked Accounts, then select Manage account access.  There is no My Linked Accounts!
  3. Select De-link Account next to the account you would like to remove.  That would be nice but there is no My Linked Accounts!
  4. Select Continue to complete the de-linking process.

ATT is not letting me disconnect the account.  They are trying to sign me up for $95 /mo for a device that I do not have.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Since ATT and DirectTV merged they have been an absolute disaster. I cannot unlink my old cancelled Direct TV account so that I can add my new one. There is no way on the website. And the customer service reps cannot do it. Are you kidding me??????? This is soooooo stupid. Can't wait until my direct tv contract is up so i can cancel it.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

And how in the world is this marked solved?  Every post in the thread is about how it doesn't work. Give me a break att

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It took six tries.  I finally got through to the car hotspot people.  They unlinked the accounts.  Turns out it was for a car I no longer owned.  I was still underwhelmed with the response.  I switched to Sprint.  They were terrible.  Then I switched to T-Mobile.  T-Mobile is better and cheaper than ATT.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Quick update, after speaking with several people at att (over 2 hours on the phone with them today), they said there was nothing they could do to unlink my accounts. The problem is the bill that shows up on myatt is my 'combined' bill. I asked what it's combined with and they said nothing. LOL.  But combined bills can't be unlinked. so there is no way to link my real bill.  They advised me to set up a new direct tv account online, but i can't do that because when i try it sends me automatically to myatt.  LOL.  What a complete joke.

Unfortunately, I live way out in the country and att is the only thing that works reliably. We are planning on moving back to the city eventually. When that happens, I'll definitely be dropping att and direct tv.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.