Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 29, 2013
6:25:19 PM
remote volume issue

Does anyone know how to program volume on the remote to work by just holding down the volume button instead of having to keep pushing the button?

Does anyone know how to program volume on the remote to work by just holding down the volume button instead of having to keep pushing the button?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 29, 2013 7:10:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Move the slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10812

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

remote volume issue

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:26:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There's no way to reprogram the DirecTV Remote to do this. 

There's no way to reprogram the DirecTV Remote to do this. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: remote volume issue

2 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:33:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is the model number of the remote control and the make of your TV

What is the model number of the remote control and the make of your TV

3 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:43:05 PM
(0)
Administrator

It depends on the TV.  I can use the RC71 with the Sony Bravia in our bedroom, and hold the volume up or down, it will continue to raise or lower, until I release.

Post the mfg. & model of TV, along with which DirecTV box and remote model info.

It depends on the TV.  I can use the RC71 with the Sony Bravia in our bedroom, and hold the volume up or down, it will continue to raise or lower, until I release.

Post the mfg. & model of TV, along with which DirecTV box and remote model info.

4 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:50:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just programmed this remote because my last remote was having trouble with "9"" when changing channels. My last remote you would just hold down the button and volume would adjust. The remote model is rc65rbx. My tv is a samsung.  I had this same issue with previous remote and a tech help me fix but I called and no one could help this time.

I just programmed this remote because my last remote was having trouble with "9"" when changing channels. My last remote you would just hold down the button and volume would adjust. The remote model is rc65rbx. My tv is a samsung.  I had this same issue with previous remote and a tech help me fix but I called and no one could help this time.

5 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 29, 2013 7:10:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

2. Enter 10812

2. Enter 10812

6 of 9 (47 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 7:21:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

That's it!   Thank you so much!!!!!

That's it!   Thank you so much!!!!!

7 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 7:26:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

8 of 9 (47 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 7:29:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Done...bless you Smiley Happy

Done...bless you Smiley Happy

9 of 9 (47 Views)