melben68's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 17th, 2015 5:32 PM

remote help

I just got a new Philips home theater surround sound system. I followed the instructions, tried all the codes available, even for dvd players. I tried the remote search and still wasn't able to get the remote, black S10-S3, to control the system. What can i do to get my remote control programmed?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Did you get an on/off control? If yes, you have the right code & need to do another step -

att/ok-955-enter.

You have to do this because the default is to have the remote ALWAYS control the TV volume.

Doing the above step has the vol control follow the mode button.

If you insert AUX after the 955. The ALWAYS will be the soundbar.

If no on/off control, the u-verse remote does not have an AUX code for the soundbar. Some have reported that TV codes may work.

Try all the phillips TV codes on the TV button. If you find one works you can move it to the AUX button by - att/ok-944-TV-AUX-enter

A work around is to program the remote to control the STB sound - att/ok-955-att-enter.

Set the STB sound level to 15. Individually set the TV & soundbar sound to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mopde, you will vary the STB level & hear the result from the TV or soundbar. Whichever speakers are live.

Or, get an RCA or logitech Harmony remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.