tatusd's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 4:09 PM

remote code denon 1612

Johnie, or anyone. I'm new to this community and would like to have a AT&T remote control the volume on my Denon 1612.

I have a S10-S3 I have used all the codes on the remote codes card provided by AT&T. I can turn off and on my AVR 1612 using 5 of Denon

codes on the card. However I can't control the volume. My old providers Dish and Cox had the code to make their remotes work the volume on my Denon 1612. It's been 2 weeks I'm using 2 remotes you know that blows to have to have 2 remotes to control the sound.

I used every code on remote control program card and I can only turn the Denon off and on. I want to control the volume. I appreciate anyone that can figure this out. Is the silver remote different?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dk74OSU - How did you get a code? If you used the search method, you may have an incomplete code. You need to go past that one & keep going to find a complete one.

If you have code numbers, try others.

What is the volume control doing? Nothing or the TV?

What did you do - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - aux -enter (bottom right).
That should make the aux always the volume control. Leave out the aux & the volume control follows the mode button.

If you cannot get vol control on the Denon you can set the STB to 15 & the TV & Denon to comfortable level & vary the STB volume.

You can get this remote or go for Logitech Harmony - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't believe there is any way to control the volume like your wanting to do.  I have a two surround systems and one of them I can't control the volume with the U-verse.  It only powers on and off like yours.  The other one in my living room is a Sony with a Sony TV that has Bravia Sync so when I turn on the TV with the U-verse remote it turns on the TV and the receiver sees the TV on so it powers on.  Then the TV automatically switches to external speaker since it knows the receiver is on.  At that point I can control the volume because the TV tells the receiver to increase the volume when I use the volume control on the U-verse remote.

Hope that makes sense.

Employee

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

tatusd  we will be more than happy to help  you into locating a remote control code that will work for you.   We will get your product information in order to reach a resolution for your product. Also one of our ACEs may be able to post an answer if available while we research this information for you.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello tatusd, I would recommend using the Automatic Search Setup to program the U-verse remote and your Denon receiver. I do not have a way to confirm our remote control would operate all functions on your receiver but it is definitely worth trying. If you are able to get the Denon receiver to turn off during these instructions but cannot get additional functions working I would recommend continuing to press the FF button until your receiver turns off again then check for those functions again.

Automatic Search Setup

This Search method scans through all of the codes to find the one that works with your equipment. If this method is unsuccessful, refer to the Manual method using codes for each equipment manufacturer.

1. Turn on the equipment you want to program such as the TV, DVD player, or auxiliary equipment.
  2. Point the remote control at the device.
  3. Press and hold the Mode key (TV, DVD, or AUX) to program.
  4. Without releasing the selected Mode key, press and hold the OK key simultaneously.
  5. Release both the Mode key and the OK key at the same time. All the Mode keys flash twice, indicating programming mode.
    • You have 10 seconds to start the next step.
    • If interrupted during the programming steps, the remote control may timeout before you complete programming and you must restart the process. A red flash on the mode keys indicates an error.
  6. Enter code 922 using the number keys on the remote control. The selected Mode key flashes twice, indicating correct entry.
  7. For TV or DVD modes, press and release the PLAY key.
    • For the AUX mode only, press and release the PLAY key, then press:
      • 1 for VCR
      • 2 for Receiver/Tuner
      • 3 for Amplifier
      • 4 for Home Theater In The Box (HTIB)
      The AUX mode key flashes twice, indicating correct entry.
  8. Press the FF button multiple times until the device turns off.
  9. Press the ENTER key (bottom right) to complete programming the remote.
  10. Turn the device back on using the remote control. If this does not work, start over or try the manual setup with the manufacturer code.

Note:Press the appropriate Mode key on the remote control to work with the selected device. To use the remote control for the AT&T U-verse TV receiver, press the AT&T Mode key.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I am sorry these instructions do not make sense.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

It's a Denon 1612

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

If no AT&T remotes will work can you suggest a remote that would work. Dish and Cox remotes both

Control volume on Denon 1612

Having 2 remotes blows!

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

This one will work: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-remote-650?crid=60

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Auto only finds the code to turn

It on and off. NO VOlume!

Unless someone can solve this,

I will buy the super cool 70$ remote. As long as its works u verse features. Wonder if the AT&T silver remote would work?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.