For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
iHateHavingToMakeAOneTimeLogin's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 4:59 PM

***need remote code for samsung blu-ray player (model bd-d6500)

hope everyone had a great new year! i'm trying to setup my father's equipment with the black at&t remote and have been successful with 2 out of 3 components (sony tv kdf-60xs955, with the 5th "auto-search" code, and yamaha av receiver rx-v992, with code 5167). however, his samsung blu-ray player (bd-d6500) is proving more problematic than the others (none of which were listed on any of at&t's supplied codes/forums). i've google'd and searched these forums and haven't been able to find anything to keep these "happy" holidays from becoming "raging" holidays. 😉 so, if someone has the appropriate code, it would be _greatly_ appreciated. cheers, -jf

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

sorry. it seems that after the aggravation of finding solutions for the 1st 2 codes i incorrectly entered the last samsung dvd code listed on at&t's list. for anyone seaching for the correct code for a samsung blu-ray bd-d6500, it is 2483. at&t: please review your "solution" for supplying remote codes. it sucks the yak's mountain oysters. cheers, -jf

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Have you tried setting up the remote from the TV?:  MENU --> Help --> System Set-up --> Program your U-verse Remote

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

texasguy37, thanks for the prompt reply! i haven't tried setting up the remote from the tv, like you suggested, but after seeing instructions for it, i had assumed it was just a more friendly "guide" than the documentation provided online. if that's the case: my issue wasn't figuring out how to program the remote, it was finding the proper codes (1 of which was only listed online by a user and not by at&t. it also went undiscovered by the remotes "auto-search" method) for my dad's setup. if that's not the case: i'll feel a fool. 😕 regardless, please post back with your reply, so we can all be enriched by the knowlledge. cheers, -jf

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for posting your code to help others. Smiley Happy

The easiest way to find the remote codes is via the TV App (that texasguy suggested).

When you say Auto Search, was that with the remote, or using the TV App?

@iHateHavingToMakeAOneTimeLogin wrote:
sorry. it seems that after the aggravation of finding solutions for the 1st 2 codes i incorrectly entered the last samsung dvd code listed on at&t's list. for anyone seaching for the correct code for a samsung blu-ray bd-d6500, it is 2483. at&t: please review your "solution" for supplying remote codes. it sucks the yak's mountain oysters. cheers, -jf

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

i was using the "auto search" function using the remote's "FF" button. the biggest aggravation was getting 200+ codes in and missing which code turned the device off and being unable to turn the back on (to verify the correct code) w/o "fixing" the remote to an incorrect code and then having to repeat the entire process (all it took was my niece coming over to play or just falling in to a "trance" after repeating the same actions in repetition, so many times. cheers, -jf

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

It's probably why many people use Harmony remotes than can be programmed via computer.  Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

i need remote code for samsung bluray BD-JM51 please and thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

i need the code for bluray samsung BD-JM51 for myuniversal remote please

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I need a code for my Samsung j5700 Blu ray for my silver at&t universal remote 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.