arod4625's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 8th, 2014 7:49 AM

multiple volume modes

is it possible to have volume control for TV and receiver. Right now I'm only able to get volume on one mode. I wanted to get seperate volume controls for TV setting and AUX settings if possible. I ve been able to switch them with the 955 code. however looking to have volume settings in each mode . thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

arod4625 - Yes, you can make your volume control more convenient. Did you do att/ok-955-aux-enter to change from TV to AUX??

Instead, do - att/ok-955-enter. Leaving out AUX will cause the control to follow the mode button.

Watch in ATT mode
Push TV to control TV volume
Push aux to control receiver volume.
Push ATT to return to viewing

You can use that setting another way. The additional setup is -
In att mode set volume to 15.
In TV mode, set volume to comfortable level
In AUX mode, set volume to comfortable level.

While watching in the ATT mode, you will control the volume by varying the STB setting transparently, regardless of whether the audio is TV or receiver.

The first method is good if you do not change the volume much or have anther input, such as a DVD or Roku.
The second method is good if you do not have the extra input & do not want to change modes to change volume.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to do the following:

- TV mode: TV volume

- AT&T mode: TV volume

- AUX mode: AUX device volume

So far, I have not found instructions that would allow this. The selected answer here seems to be a sort of workaround for this use case (i.e., calibrate TV and AUX volume with AT&T set to mid-range, then control only the AT&T STB volume, always staying in AT&T mode).

Is anybody aware of a way to get the behavior I outlined above? Back when I had Comcast, I had this same problem, and eventually I found some lesser-known/unofficial programming sequence on a forum or something that let me do this.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tubasam - The answer is - The only known methods are always one device or follows the mode button. No other secret codes have been mentioned on the forum. You can try googling to see if there is one on another forum.

I would have suggested what you posted as a work around. Except that it does not cover if you have addl eguip, such as DVD, why would it not be transparent? I do not want to suggest it if it is inadequate.

Something you can look into is - A couple of sound bars surfaced that can be programmed to any IR signal - push a button on the SB, push the vol button (do both up/down) & the SB is programmed to apply that signal as vol control.

You could program the remote to ALWAYS apply TV & whichever (TV or AUX) is on will react.

Here is another suggestion - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

As you mention, the additional equipment is the real issue. I just use the TV sound when watching the AT&T STB or my Roku, but I use the stereo with my DVD player, in which case I need to directly control the stereo.

It would also be sufficient for most of the buttons (Guide, etc.) to still work on the STB while in TV mode (my Time Warner remote did this), but it seems only the channel buttons work this way (which is a real head-scratcher---why would I want the channel buttons to work on the STB but not Guide??).

Thanks for your response. It sounds like I'll just have to go back to remote juggling when I watch a DVD.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tubasam - The u-verse remote is pretty primitive. It is like they did the minimum they could to call it universal.

I knew there is a code for the channel (966), but I was surprised to find it not mentioned in the guide for the black remote. In the silver remote guide it says the default for channels is ALWAYS STB so that you do not accidentally change the TV channel. If you do want to have access to TV channels you do the same as volume except code 966.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@tubasam - Does your TV or DVD remote have "universal"capability? Program one of those to handle the DVD watching.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.