Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2014
3:37:05 PM
What is the maximum number of rc71 remotes i can pair with one genie?

I have one genie and I am mirroring in multiple rooms.  I have a total of 6 remotes.  I programmed all of them in RF mode and paired them to the single genie.  It seems though that maybe the max is 4 remotes.  Maybe I am doing something wrong when programming all of them.  After I program a 5th or 6th one, an earlier one no longer controls the genie. 

I have one genie and I am mirroring in multiple rooms.  I have a total of 6 remotes.  I programmed all of them in RF mode and paired them to the single genie.  It seems though that maybe the max is 4 remotes.  Maybe I am doing something wrong when programming all of them.  After I program a 5th or 6th one, an earlier one no longer controls the genie. 

What is the maximum number of rc71 remotes i can pair with one genie?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 4:55:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

there is no limit

there is no limit

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What is the maximum number of rc71 remotes i can pair with one genie?

2 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 7:33:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, after I program #4 remote and move on to #5, one of the original 4 kicks out of rf mode and back to ir.  It is almost like a fifo, first in first out.  I can never get more than 4 programmed at one given time.  hope this makes sense.  I know if I try to use one that fell off rf mode, all I have to do is hold mute and enter for 4 seconds and it takes it back to rf.  then, however, one of the other ones fall off.

Ok, after I program #4 remote and move on to #5, one of the original 4 kicks out of rf mode and back to ir.  It is almost like a fifo, first in first out.  I can never get more than 4 programmed at one given time.  hope this makes sense.  I know if I try to use one that fell off rf mode, all I have to do is hold mute and enter for 4 seconds and it takes it back to rf.  then, however, one of the other ones fall off.

3 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 7:45:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

do not go through the receiver UI.

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 961

3. CH UP

4. Enter las 6 digits of receiver ID number

5. Press SELECT

do not go through the receiver UI.

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 961

3. CH UP

4. Enter las 6 digits of receiver ID number

5. Press SELECT

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 7:46:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

FWIW, I have not tried to program more then two, but I dont see why there would be a limit.  try the steps above and see if those work

FWIW, I have not tried to program more then two, but I dont see why there would be a limit.  try the steps above and see if those work

5 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 5:16:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the info.  I'll try that this afternoon and let you know.

Thanks for the info.  I'll try that this afternoon and let you know.

6 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 7:29:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried that and it didn't work.  The light flashed red after pushing the select button.

One question though.  Doing the above recommendation you described, do i need the remote back to the factory default (98111111) first?  I believe i tried it both ways, but not sure which way it should be.

I tried that and it didn't work.  The light flashed red after pushing the select button.

One question though.  Doing the above recommendation you described, do i need the remote back to the factory default (98111111) first?  I believe i tried it both ways, but not sure which way it should be.

7 of 8 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2014 2:47:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been having similar issues. We have a Genie that runs to 2 different TVs - 1 is in our bathroom and 1 is in our bedroom. Seems when we try and have 3 remotes connected to 1 genie (1 in bathroom, 2 in bedroom) I can only get to remotes to work. When I add a new one, it drops one of the others.

I have been having similar issues. We have a Genie that runs to 2 different TVs - 1 is in our bathroom and 1 is in our bedroom. Seems when we try and have 3 remotes connected to 1 genie (1 in bathroom, 2 in bedroom) I can only get to remotes to work. When I add a new one, it drops one of the others.

8 of 8 (4 Views)