Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 14, 2014
11:43:03 AM
Volume goes up instead of down!

I was able to program my remote so that I can change channels and turn the TV on and off, but no matter which code I use, I am unable to lower the volume. When I press the volume down button, the volume goes up! I would really like to resolve this.

My TV is a Magnavox, Model 20MF605T/17

Anybody have a solution for this?

I was able to program my remote so that I can change channels and turn the TV on and off, but no matter which code I use, I am unable to lower the volume. When I press the volume down button, the volume goes up! I would really like to resolve this.

My TV is a Magnavox, Model 20MF605T/17

Anybody have a solution for this?

Volume goes up instead of down!

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 12:45:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

try code 10054

try code 10054

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Volume goes up instead of down!

2 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 12:57:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've already tried that one. I did some internet searching for codes, and literally tried 30 different codes. Some of them are successful at turning the TV on an off, and changing the stations, but none of them make the volume function work properly...

I've already tried that one. I did some internet searching for codes, and literally tried 30 different codes. Some of them are successful at turning the TV on an off, and changing the stations, but none of them make the volume function work properly...

3 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 1:01:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

does the TV original remote works fine?

is this a TV/DVD combo?

I am afraid you may be out lock

does the TV original remote works fine?

is this a TV/DVD combo?

I am afraid you may be out lock

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 5:41:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

It's not a DVD/TV combo. I do have the original remote...

It's not a DVD/TV combo. I do have the original remote...

5 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 5:44:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Does it work properly with the original remote?

Does it work properly with the original remote?

6 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 9:30:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

The TV's remote seems to work OK, but I was hoping to have one master remote (Direct TV) rather than having to toggle between two. Can the TVs original remote be used to operate the Direct TV? To access the Direct TV guide, etc?

The TV's remote seems to work OK, but I was hoping to have one master remote (Direct TV) rather than having to toggle between two. Can the TVs original remote be used to operate the Direct TV? To access the Direct TV guide, etc?

7 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 11:05:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Probably not.  Check your TV remote's owner's manual.  Most TV remotes cannot control DirecTV equipment.

Probably not.  Check your TV remote's owner's manual.  Most TV remotes cannot control DirecTV equipment.

8 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 2:19:29 AM
(0)
Professor

Try searching by volume down, with tv on, volume up but muted:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks

4. enter 1

5. press and release VOL Down

6. point the remote at the tv and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes

7. press select to lock in code

Keep in mind there are over 400 brands of tv, many having more than one code, give it a chance.

Try searching by volume down, with tv on, volume up but muted:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks

4. enter 1

5. press and release VOL Down

6. point the remote at the tv and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes

7. press select to lock in code

Keep in mind there are over 400 brands of tv, many having more than one code, give it a chance.

9 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 9:43:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

10 of 11 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 8:12:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

I followed your directions and continued pressing the Channel Up button, but instead of the volume going up, it eventually just turned the TV off. Any other suggestions?

I followed your directions and continued pressing the Channel Up button, but instead of the volume going up, it eventually just turned the TV off. Any other suggestions?

11 of 11 (4 Views)