Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 25, 2013
12:52:36 PM
Vizio sound bar VSB207

I have programmed my DirecTV remote so it turns on sound bar so that it turns the bar on and off using AV1 and the power button.  However, it will not allow me to adjust the sound bar volume.  When I use the volume up and down rocker key, the TV's internal speaker volume is adjusted.  I would appreciate any and all suggestions.  Thanks.

I have programmed my DirecTV remote so it turns on sound bar so that it turns the bar on and off using AV1 and the power button.  However, it will not allow me to adjust the sound bar volume.  When I use the volume up and down rocker key, the TV's internal speaker volume is adjusted.  I would appreciate any and all suggestions.  Thanks.

Vizio sound bar VSB207

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:06:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

I went through the programming process for the umpteenth time and it worked.  Hooray!

I went through the programming process for the umpteenth time and it worked.  Hooray!

Re: Vizio sound bar VSB207

2 of 7 (112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 10:13:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

What was the code that finally worked?

What was the code that finally worked?

3 of 7 (112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 12:18:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Good afternoon.

The code that worked was 32454. It’s set up as AV1.

Regards,

Chuck

Good afternoon.

The code that worked was 32454. It’s set up as AV1.

Regards,

Chuck

4 of 7 (112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 2:10:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you, Chuck.

If the soundbar is set to AV1, then what (if anything) should be set to AV2? I thought AV2 was supposed to be for audio devices, while AV1 is for DVD players and such.

Thank you, Chuck.

If the soundbar is set to AV1, then what (if anything) should be set to AV2? I thought AV2 was supposed to be for audio devices, while AV1 is for DVD players and such.

5 of 7 (112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 2:25:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

AV1 or AV2 can be program to either.  or none

AV1 or AV2 can be program to either.  or none

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 4:27:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I went on the assumption that AV1 and 2 uses were user defined. Since you’re telling the system what hardware is going to be hooked up to AV1 and 2 when you program the remote with the hardware’s code, I would think it wouldn’t matter which one you designate for which piece of hardware. In my case, it’s not too important, since I don’t have a DVD attached to this set.

I went on the assumption that AV1 and 2 uses were user defined. Since you’re telling the system what hardware is going to be hooked up to AV1 and 2 when you program the remote with the hardware’s code, I would think it wouldn’t matter which one you designate for which piece of hardware. In my case, it’s not too important, since I don’t have a DVD attached to this set.

7 of 7 (112 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments