Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 20, 2011
11:06:43 AM
View profile
VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

We've just spent over 3 hours on the phone with DIRECTV reps trying to program our remotes to a couple of different VIZIO models.  VIZIO model E321VL we finally found a gal in Pennsylvania who was really on the ball and got it handled in a minute.  Problem is, we don't know how to get her back

for programming the model E552VL. 

The E552VL does not respond to ANY of the VIZIO TV model numbers in the remote control handbook, nor any of the extra numbers given us by DIRECTV.  The last fellow with whom I spoke told, "Some TV's just are not compatible with DIRECTV's remotes."

What the......?

There must be an answer!  This is completely unacceptable.

We've just spent over 3 hours on the phone with DIRECTV reps trying to program our remotes to a couple of different VIZIO models.  VIZIO model E321VL we finally found a gal in Pennsylvania who was really on the ball and got it handled in a minute.  Problem is, we don't know how to get her back

for programming the model E552VL. 

The E552VL does not respond to ANY of the VIZIO TV model numbers in the remote control handbook, nor any of the extra numbers given us by DIRECTV.  The last fellow with whom I spoke told, "Some TV's just are not compatible with DIRECTV's remotes."

What the......?

There must be an answer!  This is completely unacceptable.

VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 7:44:22 AM
(0)
Professor

If the manufacturer suddenly changed to a new codeset not in the directv remote, there  will never be a code for it until a new remote is released, which isn't happening for at least another two years.

If the manufacturer suddenly changed to a new codeset not in the directv remote, there  will never be a code for it until a new remote is released, which isn't happening for at least another two years.

Re: VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

2 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 6:06:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I will try to determine whether or not VIZIO suddenly changed to a new codeset in the directv remote and report back here what I find out.

I appreciate your response.  I have to admit that we're a bit put out at the prospect of having bought this expensive TV and now having to wait 2 years for a directv remote that will operate it.  Gee whiz!

Thanks.

I will try to determine whether or not VIZIO suddenly changed to a new codeset in the directv remote and report back here what I find out.

I appreciate your response.  I have to admit that we're a bit put out at the prospect of having bought this expensive TV and now having to wait 2 years for a directv remote that will operate it.  Gee whiz!

Thanks.

3 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 7:51:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Where is it written that DirecTV's $20 remote must have commands to control EVERY TV ever made?  That's simply unrealistic.  TV manufacturers keep changing their remote codes and it take time for the remote control manufacturers to keep up.  In the mean time, you can always use the remote that came with the TV.

Where is it written that DirecTV's $20 remote must have commands to control EVERY TV ever made?  That's simply unrealistic.  TV manufacturers keep changing their remote codes and it take time for the remote control manufacturers to keep up.  In the mean time, you can always use the remote that came with the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 9:23:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a vizio vo320e and I have the same problem, these units are about two years old so the code should be there somewhere...

on the manufactures list there is not one "vizio" listed

I have a vizio vo320e and I have the same problem, these units are about two years old so the code should be there somewhere...

on the manufactures list there is not one "vizio" listed

5 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 11:28:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A quick search here turned up the following Vizio codes ....

11756, 11758, 11768, 10056, 10178, 10864, 10885

A quick search here turned up the following Vizio codes ....

11756, 11758, 11768, 10056, 10178, 10864, 10885

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 8:13:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same issues, but with Vizio model E420VL.  It worked up until last week, so I know at one point there was a workable code, but having cycled through all the ones I can find on the internet and all those suggested by the representative, I'm all out of ideas...

Thoughts?

Same issues, but with Vizio model E420VL.  It worked up until last week, so I know at one point there was a workable code, but having cycled through all the ones I can find on the internet and all those suggested by the representative, I'm all out of ideas...

Thoughts?

7 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 10:35:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by ni2016 

Thoughts?

So what changed?  Have you tried changing the remote's batteries?

Quote: Originally Posted by ni2016 

Thoughts?

So what changed?  Have you tried changing the remote's batteries?

8 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 6:44:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Our son came down and programmed our third remote using the automatic scan instructions found in the Directv Remote Control user manual.

I wish I could explain it step-by-step on here, but I'm just not as articulate as I once was. Sorry.

There are some additional code sets listed at: http://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38

Hope this helps.

P. S.- The automatic scan instructions are on pages 8-18, and can be found on the Directv site at:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1343/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxOTU5MzgyMy9zaWQvUXRVb0V1SGs%3D

Our son came down and programmed our third remote using the automatic scan instructions found in the Directv Remote Control user manual.

I wish I could explain it step-by-step on here, but I'm just not as articulate as I once was. Sorry.

There are some additional code sets listed at: http://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38

Hope this helps.

P. S.- The automatic scan instructions are on pages 8-18, and can be found on the Directv site at:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1343/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxOTU5MzgyMy9zaWQvUXRVb0V1SGs%3D

9 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 5:21:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'd love to know how you solved the issue with your other Vizio model, because I can't find the code for it to get it to work with the DirecTV remote. Thanks.

I'd love to know how you solved the issue with your other Vizio model, because I can't find the code for it to get it to work with the DirecTV remote. Thanks.

10 of 11 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 7:39:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

im an installer and i find that 11758 has always worked for me... even newer models

im an installer and i find that 11758 has always worked for me... even newer models

11 of 11 (67 Views)