Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 22, 2013
10:19:04 AM
View profile
Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

I know that I can set my DirectV to control my Samsung TV (just bought not yet received) but I assume that any control of the Samsung other than on\off is not possible from DirectV remote.

Is there a way to use the Samsung Remote to control my Genie DVR?

I know that I can set my DirectV to control my Samsung TV (just bought not yet received) but I assume that any control of the Samsung other than on\off is not possible from DirectV remote.

Is there a way to use the Samsung Remote to control my Genie DVR?

Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 12:36:31 PM
(0)
Employee

Some newer Samsung TVs comes with a IR blaster to control the DirecTV receiver.  although due to the special buttons on the DirecTV control, is awkward using the Samsung remote.  YMMV

Some newer Samsung TVs comes with a IR blaster to control the DirecTV receiver.  although due to the special buttons on the DirecTV control, is awkward using the Samsung remote.  YMMV

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

2 of 4 (130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:38:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks, I guess I will just wait until I get the TV but it sounds like I will stick with DirectV remote

Thanks, I guess I will just wait until I get the TV but it sounds like I will stick with DirectV remote

3 of 4 (130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:44:10 PM
(0)
Employee

sticking with the DirecTV is your best bet.  or perhaps you might want to get a fancier universal remote like the logitech harmony line

sticking with the DirecTV is your best bet.  or perhaps you might want to get a fancier universal remote like the logitech harmony line

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (130 Views)