Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 26, 2013
6:48:51 AM
Using Direct TV remote for Samsung Smart TV

I recently upgraded to a new Samsung Smart TV (UN40ES6500). I now have the home upgraded to Directv Genie and Client and the Directv remote is programmed for both and working well. EXCEPT: I cannot seem to get the universal remote programmed to launch the Samsung Smart Hub (which is where I need to go to launch Netflix). All other functions seem to work well. If Universal remote is switched to TV I can use it even to pull up on screen adjustment menu. So I am sure I have the correct Samsung code in. Anyway to program a button to launch the Smart TV hub??

Thanks in advance. 

I recently upgraded to a new Samsung Smart TV (UN40ES6500). I now have the home upgraded to Directv Genie and Client and the Directv remote is programmed for both and working well. EXCEPT: I cannot seem to get the universal remote programmed to launch the Samsung Smart Hub (which is where I need to go to launch Netflix). All other functions seem to work well. If Universal remote is switched to TV I can use it even to pull up on screen adjustment menu. So I am sure I have the correct Samsung code in. Anyway to program a button to launch the Smart TV hub??

Thanks in advance. 

Using Direct TV remote for Samsung Smart TV

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2013 1:05:56 PM
(0)
Professor

Sorry but no. The samsung codes in the directv remote are the same codes used in UEI remotes twenty years ago, all you get is just the basic tv commands.

Sorry but no. The samsung codes in the directv remote are the same codes used in UEI remotes twenty years ago, all you get is just the basic tv commands.

Re: Using Direct TV remote for Samsung Smart TV

2 of 4 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2013 5:26:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can't your harmony remote record actions from your original remote? My can, it will record anything I need it to do or select the devices button and find the smart tv on one of the touch screens. I do most of my Tweaking online under custom actions. Not to much a harmony remote can do, that is if you get one of the good touch screen models. Just bought the new one, it's all touch screen now, a bit pricey , but it cuts out about 4 other. Remotes in place of 1.

Can't your harmony remote record actions from your original remote? My can, it will record anything I need it to do or select the devices button and find the smart tv on one of the touch screens. I do most of my Tweaking online under custom actions. Not to much a harmony remote can do, that is if you get one of the good touch screen models. Just bought the new one, it's all touch screen now, a bit pricey , but it cuts out about 4 other. Remotes in place of 1.

3 of 4 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2013 5:33:53 PM
(0)
Professor

Where does it say the OP has a harmony remote?

Where does it say the OP has a harmony remote?

4 of 4 (771 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments