Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2013
11:38:10 AM
View profile
The RC71 and the Genie 34-700 with a Hisense HDTV

Like the title says, I have just acquired the Genie 34-700 and the RC71.  The TV worked just fine with the old HDDVR's remote.  I can't get the new little remote to program to the TV.  I couldn't get it to program to RF either.  I've been following suggestions in the forum but none have worked so far.  There are no "TV-AV" switch or button on the new remote, so it's tough to follow the screen prompts.  The screen has me select the device for which I want the remote programmed. Sometimes I get the proper number of "flashes"; sometimes I don't.

I'm beginning to believe that I have a bad remote.  Does anyone out there know how to:

1. Properly program this new little peanut remote to RF?

2. Get the remote to program to my Hisense TV, which I dearly love cuz' it'a a great set.

I've tried three different codes so far with no luck.  Three was all I could find. (10748, 11314, 12183)

The Genie is a 34-700 and the Hisense TV model number is F55T39EGWD.

Other than that, the receiver and client box work just fine.  They left an IR remote with the client.  It's the long skinny gray/black thing.

I appreciate any help anyone can extend,

Like the title says, I have just acquired the Genie 34-700 and the RC71.  The TV worked just fine with the old HDDVR's remote.  I can't get the new little remote to program to the TV.  I couldn't get it to program to RF either.  I've been following suggestions in the forum but none have worked so far.  There are no "TV-AV" switch or button on the new remote, so it's tough to follow the screen prompts.  The screen has me select the device for which I want the remote programmed. Sometimes I get the proper number of "flashes"; sometimes I don't.

I'm beginning to believe that I have a bad remote.  Does anyone out there know how to:

1. Properly program this new little peanut remote to RF?

2. Get the remote to program to my Hisense TV, which I dearly love cuz' it'a a great set.

I've tried three different codes so far with no luck.  Three was all I could find. (10748, 11314, 12183)

The Genie is a 34-700 and the Hisense TV model number is F55T39EGWD.

Other than that, the receiver and client box work just fine.  They left an IR remote with the client.  It's the long skinny gray/black thing.

I appreciate any help anyone can extend,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2013 2:45:56 PM
(0)
Employee

There is no way.  you need an RC65/RC66 remote.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

The RC71 and the Genie 34-700 with a Hisense HDTV

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 1:12:09 PM
(0)
Expert

The RC71 remote will only work in RF for the HR44 Genie.  All other Genies and receivers must use IR.  Just so you understand the HR44 uses a different RF protocol than all of the other Directv IRDs and the RC71 was built to match the HR44 in RF.

The RC71 remote will only work in RF for the HR44 Genie.  All other Genies and receivers must use IR.  Just so you understand the HR44 uses a different RF protocol than all of the other Directv IRDs and the RC71 was built to match the HR44 in RF.

Re: The RC71 and the Genie 34-700 with a Hisense HDTV

2 of 4 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2013 2:45:56 PM
(0)
Employee

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: The RC71 and the Genie 34-700 with a Hisense HDTV

3 of 4 (74 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 3:03:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  Heck, I didn't know there was more than one version of the Genie.

So now I know....

Thanks for the info.  Heck, I didn't know there was more than one version of the Genie.

So now I know....

Re: Re: The RC71 and the Genie 34-700 with a Hisense HDTV

4 of 4 (74 Views)