Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Feb 3, 2014
11:55:02 AM
View profile
Surround Sound Inputs

I just ordered a new surround sound system and was going to use it as my lone audio device and use my tv as just a display for the output video from the audio receiver. Currently I have my old system on AV1 and my tv on TV on my DirecTV remote. Being all the my inputs (ps3, DirecTV box, Chromecast, ect) will be connected to the receiver, is there a way that I can set it up so that my inputs are changed from the receiver and not the tv?

I just ordered a new surround sound system and was going to use it as my lone audio device and use my tv as just a display for the output video from the audio receiver. Currently I have my old system on AV1 and my tv on TV on my DirecTV remote. Being all the my inputs (ps3, DirecTV box, Chromecast, ect) will be connected to the receiver, is there a way that I can set it up so that my inputs are changed from the receiver and not the tv?

Surround Sound Inputs

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:18:57 PM
(0)
Administrator

Follow what it states in the manufacturer directions, that come with it.

Follow what it states in the manufacturer directions, that come with it.

Re: Surround Sound Inputs

2 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:24:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I meant is there a way I can change the outputs from my DirecTV remote. The surround system does have a remote, but would prefer only having to use one remote if possible.

I meant is there a way I can change the outputs from my DirecTV remote. The surround system does have a remote, but would prefer only having to use one remote if possible.

3 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:27:06 PM
(0)
Expert

The input button on the remote operates the input ports on the TV.  The numbers will operate some of the ports on the Audio receiver, but it's random and not very useful.  I personally use the AVR remote to change inputs.

The input button on the remote operates the input ports on the TV.  The numbers will operate some of the ports on the Audio receiver, but it's random and not very useful.  I personally use the AVR remote to change inputs.

4 of 4 (0 Views)