Hank02's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 1:59 AM

Slow response to my remote. Hard to use when it is so slow. 2 different remotes react the same way.

The response from my DVR 1225 is so slow I don't know if it has received a request. I press the button again and in several seconds it doubles the request. I can't be the only one having this complaint. It also takes longer for the TV to respond with little screw icon running and running. If I want to erase a program, nothing happens, so after pressing erase again a few seconds later, the screen reads "The DVR is busy" What the devil is it so busy doing now days, it didn't used to be busy ALL THE TIME.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry I did not write down the first time this happened.  It has been a long time.  Is there a case reported to Microsoft to check the software?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Podge wrote:

Sorry I did not write down the first time this happened.  It has been a long time.  Is there a case reported to Microsoft to check the software?

It's just that "several years" is a long time to wait before complaining about an issue.  Yes, the STBs did seem to get a little slower after one of the last two upgrades, however, after a few months they seemed to return to normal for the most part... except for when they have to communicate with the DVR and the communications network in your home has issues.
Microsoft sold the Mediaroom software to Ericsson, so no more updates from Microsoft are coming.  There was a new release out for testing earlier this year, but apparently testing didn't go so well, because no more reports of it rolling out have been heard.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

With as bad as my unit has been acting of late, it would be nice if I could turn features off. It has gotten so we are starting to avoid watching TV and move to streaming sources. What we type in channel wise is not always what we get. (ie, type in 1009 and get 100, 5 or 10 seconds later the 9 shows up and the channel is changed again). Another oddity is it will interpret a key press as being "mute". When this happens I have to unprogram the remote, unmute the STB, then reprogram. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I see you responded to my post #6 saying you have a 1225 STB. I am afraid these are going to be slow.

You do not say if you tried the tape or another opaque covering. The tape does work for some. I cannot guarrantee it will work for you. But, it is worth a try.

If you cannot fix the mute problem (with the tape), leave the remote progammed to vary the STB volume. THe end result of a volume change is the same & you do not need to keep programming.

It is like a water line with two faucets in series - either faucet will vary the water flow within the range of possibility.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@gritts wrote:

With as bad as my unit has been acting of late, it would be nice if I could turn features off. It has gotten so we are starting to avoid watching TV and move to streaming sources. What we type in channel wise is not always what we get. (ie, type in 1009 and get 100, 5 or 10 seconds later the 9 shows up and the channel is changed again). Another oddity is it will interpret a key press as being "mute". When this happens I have to unprogram the remote, unmute the STB, then reprogram. 

I have a 1225 too and you have to point the remote right at the DVR and push the numbers bum bum bum bum in a deliberate order.  Any delay or moving the remote when pushing the numbers will give you what you are getting.

By the way, it'll work better after a restart for about a week or so and then the memory usage is above 90% and you get sludginess everywhere.  This unit (whole 1200 series) is inadequate  for the demands being placed on it. 😉

menu>options>restart

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

It seems lots of people are experiencing the same problem, but there don't seem to be any real solutions.  Looks like AT&T would be all over this as it is a serious usability issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Maybe they still think they are a monopoly.  Their equipment is so low tech.  I have half a dozen remotes and u verse is the only one that has problems with flourescent lights?  Never heard of that before.  Reminds me of 48k modems and dial up internet service.  Come on give us state of the art equipment.  And give real users on this forum, not AT&T apologists.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.