Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Feb 6, 2013
5:11:04 PM
View profile
Setting volume to change on audio receiver in Direct TV mode

I have my surround sound receiver setup on AV1, my TV on TV pbviously.  When the remotes mode is all the way to the left, under the DirectTV icon, the remote turns on and off the tv/Direct TV box, but when I hit the volume it wants to turn the volume up on the TV.  I have to switch modes to AV1 to change the volume on the surround sound. How do I link the controller up so it automatically changes the surround sound volume when in Direct TV mode?  I know it's possible because my last controller was setup that way, but I had a Direct TV tech come out today for a different reason, and he gave me a new controller.

Thnaks

I have my surround sound receiver setup on AV1, my TV on TV pbviously.  When the remotes mode is all the way to the left, under the DirectTV icon, the remote turns on and off the tv/Direct TV box, but when I hit the volume it wants to turn the volume up on the TV.  I have to switch modes to AV1 to change the volume on the surround sound. How do I link the controller up so it automatically changes the surround sound volume when in Direct TV mode?  I know it's possible because my last controller was setup that way, but I had a Direct TV tech come out today for a different reason, and he gave me a new controller.

Thnaks

Setting volume to change on audio receiver in Direct TV mode

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:05:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Locking Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV

1. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1 , AV2 or TV position to
    lock the volume. 
  2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the selected switch flashes twice and release both keys. 
  3. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3 . (The green light flashes twice.) 
  4. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light flashes twice.)

Locking Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV

1. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1 , AV2 or TV position to
    lock the volume. 
  2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the selected switch flashes twice and release both keys. 
  3. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3 . (The green light flashes twice.) 
  4. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light flashes twice.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Setting volume to change on audio receiver in Direct TV mode

2 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 6:26:34 PM
(0)

That worked with the RC65 remote that came with my old satellite receiver. I just got the new Genie satellite box HR34-700. It came with a RC65RX remote. The programming is a little different. I can look up my audio receiver make and model and have successfully set it up on AV1. I am unable to lock the volume to this receiver. If I try the mute select 993 process, the green light blinks twice, but nothing happens. If I use the program remotes advanced menu, I get an error code that code transmission failed. I read another thread that said that a solution might be to keep trying again until it finds the right code. I'll try that again when my wife goes to sleep.

I should mention that the old RC65 remote works with the new HR34 satellite receiver and the volume button still controls my Denon AVR2307 audio receiver.  I tried programming another RC65 to this setup and it failed too.  I would like to have two remotes so that I can control the volume without asking my wife to hand me the remote.

That worked with the RC65 remote that came with my old satellite receiver. I just got the new Genie satellite box HR34-700. It came with a RC65RX remote. The programming is a little different. I can look up my audio receiver make and model and have successfully set it up on AV1. I am unable to lock the volume to this receiver. If I try the mute select 993 process, the green light blinks twice, but nothing happens. If I use the program remotes advanced menu, I get an error code that code transmission failed. I read another thread that said that a solution might be to keep trying again until it finds the right code. I'll try that again when my wife goes to sleep.

I should mention that the old RC65 remote works with the new HR34 satellite receiver and the volume button still controls my Denon AVR2307 audio receiver.  I tried programming another RC65 to this setup and it failed too.  I would like to have two remotes so that I can control the volume without asking my wife to hand me the remote.

3 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 6:47:27 PM
(0)
Professor

Turn off the receiver, just do the following on the Directv remote:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Turn off the receiver, just do the following on the Directv remote:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

4 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 7:24:40 PM
(0)

I switched remotes and used the one from my office.  It worked.  Now, I will try to program the remotes in my office to control the volume on my Sony Audio receiver in there.

Thanks tivoburkee.  Your responses are full of accurate information and a huge time saver.

I switched remotes and used the one from my office.  It worked.  Now, I will try to program the remotes in my office to control the volume on my Sony Audio receiver in there.

Thanks tivoburkee.  Your responses are full of accurate information and a huge time saver.

5 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 4:59:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Make sure that yo have a TV code first programmed in the remote, otherwise the volume would not lock

Make sure that yo have a TV code first programmed in the remote, otherwise the volume would not lock

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 3:01:48 PM
(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

Thanks, Peds.  Found that out while trying to program the remotes for my second TV.

Quote: Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

Thanks, Peds.  Found that out while trying to program the remotes for my second TV.

7 of 8 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 3:23:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you are welcome 

you are welcome 

8 of 8 (1,174 Views)