Maddog8759's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 7th, 2012 9:26 PM

Samsung HW-E450 remote codes.

Hello all.

I have the above mentioned sound bar. I have been unable to get my uverse remote to work with the sound bar. I have tried all the codes listed on the manual to no such luck.

Does anybody know of a specific code that works? I would hate to spend more money on a different remote.

Thanks

Todd

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Just a word on the Harmony 350 remote.  It will now control up to 8 devices.  Amazon has new ones for $40.  One drawback of the 350 is that it only has one programable activity meaning you push one button to watch TV and your various devices (STB, TV, Sounbar, etc.) turn on.  You'll have to manually program some buttons for DVR functions.

Don't get me wrong, Harmony Remotes are great, but I would look for a Harmony 650.  It has more programable activities.  For example, push one button to watch TV, push another to watch a movie if you have a DVD player, push one to play games like with an XBox.  You'll have to do your own research to determine what works best in your situation.

Again if all you do is watch TV, the 350 may be the way to go.  Incidentally, I have seen new harmony 650's going for between $30 - $40 on ebay.

For myself, I am going to take a wait and see approach.  (1) AT&T Uverse may come out with a new remote and (2) Samsung may release a firmware update that will allow their soundbars to remember a higher adjusted sound level.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Tchstone,

So, I take it you are using two remotes or just the u-verse remote. If so, you have yours programmed with the 955 work around?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

jwillin,

You are correct that I currently use two remotes.  The one from AT&T Uverse and the other that came with the Samsung soundbar.  I do use the 955 workaround where the Uverse remote controls the volume.  I push the power button on the Uverse remote and the STB, the TV and then the SB turn on.  Of course that is because the SB is set to 'Auto On'.  I then use the SB remote to increase the volume level to 30 - 35.  Using the above mentioned 955 work around, I then control the volume which, as you mentioned, shows in the upper right corner of the TV.  Usually I have it around 14-16.  Biggest annoyance is having to use the SB remote to ramp up the volume initially.  Right now it isn't a big enough annoyance for me to go purchase another remote. 

Just in case you were wondering, I have my TV connected to the Uverse box (STB) via HDMI and the soundbar connected to the TV via an optical cable. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I just finshed a 'Live Chat' session with support.  I was asking about the S20 remote.  You may see it on your TV screen under 'Help/Remote Control setup'.  It is also listed online under AT&T Uverse support/remote controls

Bottom line is that this is the newest remote that will be released in 2015.  If you check its setup and configuration you'll see that there is a 5 digit code for Samsung audio devices.  Current remotes only accept 4 digit codes.

Obviously there are no guarantees that this new S20 remote will control the soundbar, but I am hopeful.  The agent was kind enough to add a note to my account so I will receive an email once the remote is released.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Just received my new S20 remote control today.  I can report that, YES, it does control my Samsung soundbar.  Programing is fairly simple.  Had to repeat a couple steps, but now when I press the 'Power' button all three devices turn on (STB, TV, Sounbar) and all three turn off when the 'Power' button is pressed again.

Volume controls raise and lower the sound on the soundbar, which is connected to the TV via an optical cable.  Note: the soundbar comes on at its default value of '20'.

Very, very happy!!!

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Ok, how did you get your remote? Is this just a call to AT&T or what? You are the man. Thank you so much for leting me know. I am going to call AT&T now to see how to get that remote! I forgot I was using two remotes and couldn't figure out why the AT& T remote wasn't working and then remembered you have another remote for sound! Thanks again for updating the post!

Janice

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Jwillin, yes, I called AT&T support and spoke with an extremely helpful agent named Carol.  Explained my situation and how my initial inquery about remotes and codes had resulted in me receiving two silver and two black S10 remotes.  Obviously none of those worked as has been detailed in this thread.  Sent out a new S20 remote on Friday and I received it today, Tuesday.  The rest is history as they say.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Wow. I am on customer support now with Duane (very personable and professional, I  might add). I asked him if I could just go into their store and switch them out like they do with TWC. He stated no, the remotes would need to be ordered by phone. The stores would not have them.

He advised me that he just received an email today about the new remotes. I told him about the problem I was having with the current remote not being able to control my Samsung soundbar.  He stated that he would have to talk with technical support to see if they would be willing to send one out without charging me which they agreed to do.
Because I was asking for a replacement remote he stated the charge would be  $20. If the remote wasn't working it would be a free replacement. I asked him about a second remote and he stated he had to get back with technical support again. So, now they are sending me out two remotes free of charge which should arrive on January 29th! 
I can't wait to get my remotes so I can say good-bye to my Samsung sound bar remote! Life is good!  I couldn't believe that AT&T do not want the old remotes. They are ours to keep or do whatever we want with them. Wow.

I received 5 star treatment today! Also, I promised Duane I would spread the word, "Do not text and drive. It can wait!"

Thanks again Tchstone for dropping back by and providing us with the information on the S20s. That was very thoughtful of you. 🙂

Janice

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Lol , are you sure you didn't forget something , my word that was a very in depth and detailed report o information that is surely to confuse the average person . A true genius is having the ability to lay it down on a level that you yourself were in the beginning. One step at a time ,the basics , so as not to confuse people. I personally happened to buy a Samsung sound bar HW-600 without a power supply or remote . wonder if S6 Galaxy can connect . Thanks ,you really are advanced , Vic

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.