Rana125's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 3rd, 2014 5:26 AM

Reprogramming my uverse remote

My Sony Triniton TV finally went kaput today and we are using an old tv from my college days. It's a Magnavox TV-DVD-VHS combo. I have the basic black uverse controller and a philips universal remote as the tv did not come with the original remote. The uverse remote will work in the at&t mode, but it will not shut off the tv nor control the volume. I have tried using the automatic programming method and that has not worked. I want to get the uverse remote to control my tv volume and turn off the tv without switching between the TV and AT&T mode, like it used to do for the Sony. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Due to the age of the TV it might not be supported, but the best way to try and find a code is to use the "help" menu on the TV, and go to setting up remote.  This would have all of the latest codes by remote type.

With that said, sometimes other codes for Magnavox TV's will work if you can't find you specific TV listed.  It's probably going to involve some trial and error until you find one that will work......if there is one.

The other option is to purchase a remote such as a harmony that will work but I would try the above first.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Rana125 - If you cannot find a code for the TV, you can control volume on the STB with the following programming -

att/OK - 955- enter
The volume control will then follow the mode button.
In att mode set the volume so that 15 appears on the screen.
In the TV mode, set the TV to a comfortable level.

While watching in the att mode, the volume control will transparently vary the STB volume to your desired volume for the TV .

Or, tou can get the following remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.