Bfallen's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 18th, 2016 7:44 PM

My remote is not functioning. How do I get a replacement?

My remote control will no longer operate. I've replaced the batteries. How do I get a replacement? Thanks for your help!

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

With ATT, you aren't paying a rental fee for a remote (I know we DID with Comcrap!).

Have you called CS to request a free replacement? 

And from another post, this is what I did to solve my loose battery door on the RF Point Anywhere Remote--I added a small strip of stickied insulation foam.  The other standard remotes don't seem to have this problem (but 2 of those 3 have been replaced once).

The foam piece makes it easier to get the battery door open, in my situation.

IMG_6430.jpg

@KimRenard wrote:

There is a little plastic clip that holds the battery cover on the back of the remote control.  All three of my remotes have snapped at the clip - the plastic is very thin at this connection.  It is not a misuse issue.  Bright House and Comcast have all stood behind their "rental" products.  It doesn't seem like too much to ask from a corporation the size of AT&T.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Following up on a couple of questions.

I believe the Kim said the remote was silver. Question for the moderators, managers, masters: What is the difference between the silver and the black remotes; and between the black S10-S1 and S10-S2 ? Are the remotes hard coded to specific STBs?

And for Kim; When I have had trouble, T

"Tier 2" support has been excellent, no matter what my issue was. You may want to request this if you call back.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

No difference, other than color.  There are original, old silver ones out there, and they have a few different colored buttons.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

These are what we got when we signed up mid August this year. That is why I wondered what had changed to cause them to go from S10S1 to S10S2 on the black remotes? Maybe the ATT moderators could help us?

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

12 years ago

@KimRenard wrote:

I an an equipment rental customer from AT&T - a DVR and two receivers; plus THREE REMOTES - Silver ones.  The battery compartment door clip on all three remotes have snapped off and now the batteries fall out almost DAILY!  The sales to switch to Uverse was hard sell to compete with Brighthouse and Comcast in our area.  Both vendors would exchange broken remotes immediately - no questions asked.  After sitting on hold with Uverse rep for 30 minutes while she "processed" my new remotes, she comes back and says that I will have to go online and order them for $20 apiece!  No replacements are offered, despite the monthly equipment rental fees on my bill that require a remote to utilize.   I called my local AT&T store and same thing.  Every contact with AT&T whether it is billing, equipment, chat or technical support leaves me so frustrated.  I can't even find an address to write a complaint, or an email - just another array of voice mail prompts that lead to a loss of valuable time and an apology speech from a representative.  PLEASE HELP ME!

All the reps are different and keeping calling technical support (available 24/7) until you get a nice rep who will send you the replacement remotes for free.

Another thing you may want to do is the next time you see a U-verse truck parked in your area stop and ask the rep for some free replacement remotes. The last time a tech was at my house for another problem I pointed out one of the remotes no longer worked the volume very quickly. He said that is always the 1st thing to go out and gave me a couple new ones for free. So now I have a spare and the tech said he "hands them out like candy" while always carrying a box of 20 on his truck.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

I called cs and requested new remote controls.  I got four since I have four stbs.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The work-around works; thank you!
I suppose I'll need to call & battle the voice response unit!

Professor

• 

2K Messages

12 years ago

(800) 983-2811

Try that number.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

That's a direct # to CS open 8-5 EST today and M-F 8-7. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Bfallen -  Call 800-288-2020. If tehy refuse to send one for free, come back here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.