Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 5, 2013
7:24:46 PM
Remote will not autotune

Yesterday it worked fine, and this morning, I can get to "set autotune" and it does nothing.

Everything else works fine but I also noticed the receiver has changing shows set for the manual autotune that I have never programmed in, and will not let me change or delete those either.

Yesterday it worked fine, and this morning, I can get to "set autotune" and it does nothing.

Everything else works fine but I also noticed the receiver has changing shows set for the manual autotune that I have never programmed in, and will not let me change or delete those either.

Remote will not autotune

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 7:33:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.  

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote will not autotune

2 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 9:48:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.

I tried that, got error 747, which, when  I found in a list of error codes, that also said to reset, which I did several times, and just keep getting the same error code, so I guess I'll just have to call customer service or something.

Thanks.

I tried that, got error 747, which, when  I found in a list of error codes, that also said to reset, which I did several times, and just keep getting the same error code, so I guess I'll just have to call customer service or something.

3 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 1:08:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unable to Complete OSD when ordering or viewing PPV. OSD says "Unable to complete this transaction." 

This has nothing to do with your auto tune issue.  Are you trying to auto tune to a PPV channel?

Unable to Complete OSD when ordering or viewing PPV. OSD says "Unable to complete this transaction." 

This has nothing to do with your auto tune issue.  Are you trying to auto tune to a PPV channel?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 2:03:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

No, just regular channels that I always get/ autotune.

When I look at the "manual" list, it is changing, and showing autotunes for channels and programs that I don't even watch.

When I do the usual guide, then click what I want to program, when I get to the "set autotune" the button does nothing, as though I am not pushing it.

That is the only place where the "select" button does not work, and it mysteriously started night before last.

When I went to sleep, it worked fine, then a few hours later in the morning, it no longer worked.

No, just regular channels that I always get/ autotune.

When I look at the "manual" list, it is changing, and showing autotunes for channels and programs that I don't even watch.

When I do the usual guide, then click what I want to program, when I get to the "set autotune" the button does nothing, as though I am not pushing it.

That is the only place where the "select" button does not work, and it mysteriously started night before last.

When I went to sleep, it worked fine, then a few hours later in the morning, it no longer worked.

5 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 2:29:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think it's time for a replacement Receiver.  

I think it's time for a replacement Receiver.  

6 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 3:27:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Any idea how much longer it will continue to do everything else?

That seems to be the only thing not functioning.

7 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 4:41:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by chuckyslair

No way to know.  But DirecTV will send you a replacement before you need to send this one back.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping. 

Quote: Originally Posted by chuckyslair

No way to know.  But DirecTV will send you a replacement before you need to send this one back.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping. 

8 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:44:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, thanks.

I have 4 boxes in the house, but don't remember if I pay the ins.

OK, thanks.

I have 4 boxes in the house, but don't remember if I pay the ins.

9 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 6:57:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

Oh...the old receiver-works-for-a-little-while-then-coincidentally-requires-replacement-at-cost routine, eh?

Oh...the old receiver-works-for-a-little-while-then-coincidentally-requires-replacement-at-cost routine, eh?

10 of 11 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 7:58:44 AM
(0)
Expert

This thread is close to a year old.  Your post is not clear, but apparently you're suggesting that Directv benefits from a failed receiver that the y must replace?

This thread is close to a year old.  Your post is not clear, but apparently you're suggesting that Directv benefits from a failed receiver that the y must replace?

11 of 11 (45 Views)