nancy2013's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 18th, 2013 4:57 PM

Remote - no response

My uverse remote from my guest bedroom has not worked for a good month or so.  It's the S10 S3 model. It rarely gets used because it's for the guest bedroom tv.  I replaced the batteries and went through all the step-by-step u-verse remote control troubleshooting tips  but there is no response, so I could not do a setup, reset, check mode, etc..  No lights, nothing.  I have two additional tvs in the house that get used regularly and the remotes work just fine.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

nancy2013 - Since all STBs respond to the same IR signal, try the bad remote on the good TV & vice versa to determine if it is the remote or the STB.

Press the att button to be sure it is in watching mode. And, turn on the STB/TV in any way you need to & exercise the various buttons to determine if it is just the power or everything.

Make sure no buttons are stuck.

If there is no response - Is the STB powered up ?? Plugged in to a non-switched outlet.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi nancy2013,

The information aviewer provided is excellent advice in determining the issue. If the remote does not work in any locations in the house, it may be defective. If so, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will be happy to assist in replacing that remote for you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The bad remote does not work on any other TV.  No llights, nothing. The good remotes turn on the ATT uverse boxes.  I will send the detailed message as you suggested.

Thanks all!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi nancy 2013,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello it's me again. You sent me a remote last year to replace that dead one. Now the remote to a different tv is also dead. Went thru all the steps. Doesn't work on any other box or tv. no lights, nothing. Other remotes work on the tv. Changed batteries, no difference. 

Thanks, 

Nancy

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

one of our remotes recently stopped working. i thought it was the batteries so i replaced them. after installation, the ATT button stayed lit for awhile with no respose from the other buttons. after the light went out, the remote could not control the receiver or the TV.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I have had this happen to me in the past as well.

In the future, if you are not near a computer and you want to get the ball rolling, you can always call att customer care as well.  The few times it happened to me, they got me my remotes quickly.  In the meantime, if you live with others that need the remotes at the same time as you, if you have a smartphone, you can always get the app to turn your phone into a remote.  I know it is not the best option, but at least it will control your uverse box until the new remote arrives.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.