Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Jul 21, 2011
11:45:30 AM
View profile
Remote doesn't turn on or off TV

The codes only work for the volume for my old 32" CRT Samsung TV. When I called in Tech could not help. They said to call Samsung which I did. Samsung asked me the manufacturer of the HD DVR receiver. I gave them the model HD-20-700, but that did not help them. They said that once they had the manufacturer's name, they could help. I just don't know. 

Also, I have a Sherwood Newcastle R-765 Audio-Video Receiver that the remote does not seem to be able to work. Can you help me with that issue?

Thanks. 

The codes only work for the volume for my old 32" CRT Samsung TV. When I called in Tech could not help. They said to call Samsung which I did. Samsung asked me the manufacturer of the HD DVR receiver. I gave them the model HD-20-700, but that did not help them. They said that once they had the manufacturer's name, they could help. I just don't know. 

Also, I have a Sherwood Newcastle R-765 Audio-Video Receiver that the remote does not seem to be able to work. Can you help me with that issue?

Thanks. 

Remote doesn't turn on or off TV

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 12:04:44 PM
(0)
Professor

many top brands of tv don't have working commands mapped to the tv on & off keys, in those cases use the middle power key in the tv device for both on & off powering of tv. Its upto the code you use and model of tv if the TV ON & OFF  will work or not. No where is it promised that these keys work with every brand of tv out there, sorry.

many top brands of tv don't have working commands mapped to the tv on & off keys, in those cases use the middle power key in the tv device for both on & off powering of tv. Its upto the code you use and model of tv if the TV ON & OFF  will work or not. No where is it promised that these keys work with every brand of tv out there, sorry.

Re: Remote doesn't turn on or off TV

2 of 5 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2011 12:13:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have a similar (ish) problem I have an old Philips TV. When I program the remote (for my whole home dvr), I have the slider switch at the top of the remote all the way to the left. I select the make of the TV, but the model is is not offered. I chooese one, it workd for volume/mute and power off, but it won't power it on. Any thoughts?

Thanks

C

I have a similar (ish) problem I have an old Philips TV. When I program the remote (for my whole home dvr), I have the slider switch at the top of the remote all the way to the left. I select the make of the TV, but the model is is not offered. I chooese one, it workd for volume/mute and power off, but it won't power it on. Any thoughts?

Thanks

C

3 of 5 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2011 6:26:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue except I can do it but I have to use the slider in the tv position for the tv and Direct TV mode for the receiver. Brand new TV. I had to auto search for the code. Maybe there are more than one.

I have the same issue except I can do it but I have to use the slider in the tv position for the tv and Direct TV mode for the receiver. Brand new TV. I had to auto search for the code. Maybe there are more than one.

4 of 5 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 5:18:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

i have the same issue with my samsung. it was working before, but now, the power light just flickers on the tv when i hit the dual power button. it used to give one long solid blink, and then shut them both off/on.  what changed???

i have the same issue with my samsung. it was working before, but now, the power light just flickers on the tv when i hit the dual power button. it used to give one long solid blink, and then shut them both off/on.  what changed???

5 of 5 (28 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments