Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 22, 2013
4:24:02 PM
Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

I have a problem finding a good remote code to program a new NS-SB212 Insignia Soundbar.  I have tried the 5-6 codes listed in the setup and now the 12049 code suggested  in another post.  My remote is a RC-1984.... about 1 year old.  I have also tried both audio 1 and audio 2...   Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Mark Prokosch

I have a problem finding a good remote code to program a new NS-SB212 Insignia Soundbar.  I have tried the 5-6 codes listed in the setup and now the 12049 code suggested  in another post.  My remote is a RC-1984.... about 1 year old.  I have also tried both audio 1 and audio 2...   Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Mark Prokosch

Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

25 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 8:31:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here is some additional information....  about what hardware I have today:

Direct TV H25

Receiver ID 036825482288

Model H25-100

Serial A32LA2AV120159

Remote 1 :    RC1984741-02B

Remote 2:     URC2482RG0-0

Soundbar is an Insignia NS-SB212 purchased at Best Buy.

Any ideas?

The soundbar has its own IR remote, so there must be a code????

Here is some additional information....  about what hardware I have today:

Direct TV H25

Receiver ID 036825482288

Model H25-100

Serial A32LA2AV120159

Remote 1 :    RC1984741-02B

Remote 2:     URC2482RG0-0

Soundbar is an Insignia NS-SB212 purchased at Best Buy.

Any ideas?

The soundbar has its own IR remote, so there must be a code????

Re: Remote codes for a Signia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

2 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 8:37:22 AM
(0)
Expert

If your remote is a Directv model, look on the front face, upper left corner and post back the model number.  It will be something like RC65.

If your remote is a Directv model, look on the front face, upper left corner and post back the model number.  It will be something like RC65.

Re: Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

3 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 10:50:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

The numbers on my remotes are:

RC65

RC32

I hope this helps!!!

The numbers on my remotes are:

RC65

RC32

I hope this helps!!!

4 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 10:51:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

additional information.  The remotes have these numbers on the face:

RC65

RC32

additional information.  The remotes have these numbers on the face:

RC65

RC32

5 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 11:35:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

I also have tried every code you can find for this same sounbar and none of them work for RC65 remote.  I will be following this thread.  Hopefully someone can figure it out.  I tried the manual method for as long as I could stand it.  I think that is a joke.  Just how many combinations can there be?

I also have tried every code you can find for this same sounbar and none of them work for RC65 remote.  I will be following this thread.  Hopefully someone can figure it out.  I tried the manual method for as long as I could stand it.  I think that is a joke.  Just how many combinations can there be?

6 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 3:37:42 PM
(0)
Employee

you need an RC65X or RC66X and a compatible receiver in order to load the codes from the receiver as the remotes do not have any sound bar codes "on board"

you need an RC65X or RC66X and a compatible receiver in order to load the codes from the receiver as the remotes do not have any sound bar codes "on board"

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 3:37:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just don't understand why Best Buy and DirecTV can't compare notes and share their codes...  This is not national security.  I am going to be very cautious about buying any additional Insignia branded electronics.  I have not had these issues with the other major electronic brands.

I just don't understand why Best Buy and DirecTV can't compare notes and share their codes...  This is not national security.  I am going to be very cautious about buying any additional Insignia branded electronics.  I have not had these issues with the other major electronic brands.

8 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 3:38:48 AM
(0)
Expert

Prior to the introduction of the remotes that Peds mentions, codes had to be built in to remotes at time of manufacture.  If one of your devices were made after the remote, there is no way for the remote to control your device.  The new system allows a software update to the receiver to contain remote code updates which then can be loaded on the remote.

Prior to the introduction of the remotes that Peds mentions, codes had to be built in to remotes at time of manufacture.  If one of your devices were made after the remote, there is no way for the remote to control your device.  The new system allows a software update to the receiver to contain remote code updates which then can be loaded on the remote.

9 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 5:42:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

can you explain what you mean "The new system allows a software...".   What "new system" are you referring to?

Also are you saying if I got a newly manufactured RC65 remote it would have the remote codes in it for this soundbar?  Kind of sounds like a crap shoot.  How would you know that the remote was programmed with the new remote codes in it?

can you explain what you mean "The new system allows a software...".   What "new system" are you referring to?

Also are you saying if I got a newly manufactured RC65 remote it would have the remote codes in it for this soundbar?  Kind of sounds like a crap shoot.  How would you know that the remote was programmed with the new remote codes in it?

10 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 5:48:18 AM
(0)
Employee

"the new system" is an HR24, H25 or HR34 paired with an RC65X or RC66X remotes.  these remotes gets the codes from the receiver instead of the codes being "hard coded" into the remotes. DirecTV can add more at any time via software updates to the receivers

"the new system" is an HR24, H25 or HR34 paired with an RC65X or RC66X remotes.  these remotes gets the codes from the receiver instead of the codes being "hard coded" into the remotes. DirecTV can add more at any time via software updates to the receivers

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 5:49:21 AM
(0)
Expert

A further explanation.  The new remotes are capable of adding to their remote code data if connected to one of the newer HD receivers or HD DVRs.  Regular software updates to the receivers and DVR's also update the remote code data base, thus that system is better able to keep up with codes on recently released TV's and sound systems.  When you activate a device in one of the new remotes, the necessary code (if available) can be downloaded from the receiver/DVR to the remote.

A further explanation.  The new remotes are capable of adding to their remote code data if connected to one of the newer HD receivers or HD DVRs.  Regular software updates to the receivers and DVR's also update the remote code data base, thus that system is better able to keep up with codes on recently released TV's and sound systems.  When you activate a device in one of the new remotes, the necessary code (if available) can be downloaded from the receiver/DVR to the remote.

12 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 5:58:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

so I'm planning on replacing this standard def receiver with a HD Receiver, looks like a H25 model.  So I guess that will fix the problem.  I hope.  Thanks everyone. 

so I'm planning on replacing this standard def receiver with a HD Receiver, looks like a H25 model.  So I guess that will fix the problem.  I hope.  Thanks everyone. 

13 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 6:12:00 AM
(0)
Employee

dcd wrote:

A better explanation.  The new remotes do not contain any codes,

Actually D, they do have codes "built in"

dcd wrote:

A better explanation.  The new remotes do not contain any codes,

Actually D, they do have codes "built in"

14 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 6:21:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

sooo  upgrading to a HD receiver will or will not resolve the problem? 

sooo  upgrading to a HD receiver will or will not resolve the problem? 

15 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 6:26:20 AM
(0)
Employee

maybe.  is not guarantee that you will get an H25 and is also not guaranteed that if you do, it will have the code.  but you any (only) chance to get a code,  is to get the "new system"

maybe.  is not guarantee that you will get an H25 and is also not guaranteed that if you do, it will have the code.  but you any (only) chance to get a code,  is to get the "new system"

16 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:11:28 AM
(0)
Expert

Thanks for the tip J.  I was under the mistaken impression the loaded everything from the IRD.

Edit Add:  I corrected the erroneous info in the prior post.

Thanks for the tip J.  I was under the mistaken impression the loaded everything from the IRD.

Edit Add:  I corrected the erroneous info in the prior post.

17 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:15:39 AM
(0)
Tutor

As a test I connected the Insignia soundbar to my other Directv receiver (model HR24) that has remote # RC65RX and it works.  I can control the soundbar with my Directv remote.  I don't know if I can assume I would get the same results with a H25 box or its equivalent.  I would hope so.

As a test I connected the Insignia soundbar to my other Directv receiver (model HR24) that has remote # RC65RX and it works.  I can control the soundbar with my Directv remote.  I don't know if I can assume I would get the same results with a H25 box or its equivalent.  I would hope so.

18 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:30:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

What code did you use or is it a learning remote?

What code did you use or is it a learning remote?

19 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:48:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

I used a Directv remote but it is a RC65RX remote not the RC 65 for the stand def box.  don't know the diff.

I did everything from a pick list.  no actual codes are input. Selected Insignia from the list.  This model # wasn't in the list of models to pick from but I chose the option of not in the list.  It automatically searched for a code to work.  Took about 3 times of hitting next code and then it worked.  I wish I knew what code it selected although not sure that would work on a D12 box and a RC65 remote.  The HR24 box works differently than the standard def box model D12.  from the discussion above I don't know if the secret to this working is in the different remote or the different box or both.

I used a Directv remote but it is a RC65RX remote not the RC 65 for the stand def box.  don't know the diff.

I did everything from a pick list.  no actual codes are input. Selected Insignia from the list.  This model # wasn't in the list of models to pick from but I chose the option of not in the list.  It automatically searched for a code to work.  Took about 3 times of hitting next code and then it worked.  I wish I knew what code it selected although not sure that would work on a D12 box and a RC65 remote.  The HR24 box works differently than the standard def box model D12.  from the discussion above I don't know if the secret to this working is in the different remote or the different box or both.

20 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 8:58:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am very confused...  DirecTV installed a new box about 10 months ago.  They said the H25-100 box was HD and at that time included a RC65 remote, they left the old RC32 remote behind.  DirecTV now wants $15 plus shipping for the RC65RX, but can't guarantee it will work with the Insignia NS-SB212 sound bar....   It might just be easier to go buy a Harmony 650 Universal remote and be done.  Thanks for your help.

I am very confused...  DirecTV installed a new box about 10 months ago.  They said the H25-100 box was HD and at that time included a RC65 remote, they left the old RC32 remote behind.  DirecTV now wants $15 plus shipping for the RC65RX, but can't guarantee it will work with the Insignia NS-SB212 sound bar....   It might just be easier to go buy a Harmony 650 Universal remote and be done.  Thanks for your help.

21 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 9:29:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just did another test.

I used my HR24 box to program my RC65RX remote to control the Insignia soundbar and then moved the soundbar back to my standard def box and it works.  So that is encouraging.  I think in my case if I get another RC65RX remote then I should be good to go.  I tried using my RC65 remote on my HR24 box and you can't program the soundbar.  So that to me says its the "remote" that is the problem.

I just did another test.

I used my HR24 box to program my RC65RX remote to control the Insignia soundbar and then moved the soundbar back to my standard def box and it works.  So that is encouraging.  I think in my case if I get another RC65RX remote then I should be good to go.  I tried using my RC65 remote on my HR24 box and you can't program the soundbar.  So that to me says its the "remote" that is the problem.

22 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 9:34:32 AM
(0)
Employee

Correct, as I mentioned earlier.  the code is provided from the box to the remote.  you need both to get the code, a compatible receiver such as the HR24, H25 or HR34 and and a compatible remote such as the RC65X or RC66X.  The "X" in the remote model number mens that is a two way remote, like a "learning remote, for lack of a better word.   but it only "learns" from the DirecTV compatible HD receiver or HDDVR

Correct, as I mentioned earlier.  the code is provided from the box to the remote.  you need both to get the code, a compatible receiver such as the HR24, H25 or HR34 and and a compatible remote such as the RC65X or RC66X.  The "X" in the remote model number mens that is a two way remote, like a "learning remote, for lack of a better word.   but it only "learns" from the DirecTV compatible HD receiver or HDDVR

23 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 10:22:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks everyone.....  I lost patience and moved on.  I was not able to get the existing remotes to work and it was easier to go the Best Buy and purchase a Logitech/Harmony 650 remote...  It works fine.

Thanks everyone.....  I lost patience and moved on.  I was not able to get the existing remotes to work and it was easier to go the Best Buy and purchase a Logitech/Harmony 650 remote...  It works fine.

24 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 12:10:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same code issues.  My remote is rc65x and the HD dvr is hr22-100. Is there a code to control the soundbar  my remote? 

Any any help is appreciated!

I'm having the same code issues.  My remote is rc65x and the HD dvr is hr22-100. Is there a code to control the soundbar  my remote? 

Any any help is appreciated!

25 of 26 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 2:57:35 PM
(0)
Employee

in your case, there is no way.  you would need a compatible receiver like the HR24

in your case, there is no way.  you would need a compatible receiver like the HR24

26 of 26 (395 Views)