Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2013
12:33:31 AM
View profile
RC71 not programming with genie mini

I got 2 new genie boxes from directv.  The main one works fine, but I cannot program the remote that came w/ my genie mini box to my tv.  I get caught in this loop of pressing MUTE+SELECT, enter code 961 and channel down.  On my main TV, if I go to program, it asks me if I want to "program TV".  The mini never brings up this menu.  I have called tech support twice and they have no clue.  Any ideas?

I got 2 new genie boxes from directv.  The main one works fine, but I cannot program the remote that came w/ my genie mini box to my tv.  I get caught in this loop of pressing MUTE+SELECT, enter code 961 and channel down.  On my main TV, if I go to program, it asks me if I want to "program TV".  The mini never brings up this menu.  I have called tech support twice and they have no clue.  Any ideas?

RC71 not programming with genie mini

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 7:37:05 PM
(0)
Employee

try

MUTE and SELECT and then 981.  this will reset the remote to defaults and start over with the on screen instructions

try

MUTE and SELECT and then 981.  this will reset the remote to defaults and start over with the on screen instructions

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: RC71 not programming with genie mini

2 of 2 (7 Views)