Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 5, 2014
6:46:13 AM
View profile
RC71 and multiple Pioneer receivers

I have two Pioneer receivers in my equipment rack. One of them is VSX-70 and I can set it up as "Receiver 2" so my Pioneer remote will work with it and not the other/older one. According to Pioneer, this puts the AVR/Remote into a sub frequency of the default one.

I want to use my Genie remote to control the volume on my receiver. This works when it is setup as "Receiver 1", but then both AVRs respond and I don't want that. Genire

Does anyone know if there is an RC71 code for Pioneer that will work when the receiver is set as Receiver 2 or 3 or 4?

PS - why is VSX-70 not listed as one of the codes for Pioneer in the Genie remote setup?

I have two Pioneer receivers in my equipment rack. One of them is VSX-70 and I can set it up as "Receiver 2" so my Pioneer remote will work with it and not the other/older one. According to Pioneer, this puts the AVR/Remote into a sub frequency of the default one.

I want to use my Genie remote to control the volume on my receiver. This works when it is setup as "Receiver 1", but then both AVRs respond and I don't want that. Genire

Does anyone know if there is an RC71 code for Pioneer that will work when the receiver is set as Receiver 2 or 3 or 4?

PS - why is VSX-70 not listed as one of the codes for Pioneer in the Genie remote setup?

RC71 and multiple Pioneer receivers

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 7:24:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Doubtful that the RC71 will support multiple codes for the same device. All you can do is try all the codes under Pioneer and select the "I don't know the model number" option

Doubtful that the RC71 will support multiple codes for the same device. All you can do is try all the codes under Pioneer and select the "I don't know the model number" option

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: RC71 and multiple Pioneer receivers

2 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:17:46 AM
(0)
Expert

Why not simply power down the receiver that you don't want to use?  The IR signal from the RC71 should not affect a powered down device.

Why not simply power down the receiver that you don't want to use?  The IR signal from the RC71 should not affect a powered down device.

3 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:41:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

True, the volume control wouldn't affect the turned off AVR, but I still have two receivers that would be using the same remote codes, so that doesn't really work. I suppose I'll have to look at some other universal remote that *would* support the Receiver 2 option of Pioneer.

True, the volume control wouldn't affect the turned off AVR, but I still have two receivers that would be using the same remote codes, so that doesn't really work. I suppose I'll have to look at some other universal remote that *would* support the Receiver 2 option of Pioneer.

4 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 2:03:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you need to look for remote that is able to "learn" codes

you need to look for remote that is able to "learn" codes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (7 Views)